Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a fun day looking at a park we haven't spent much time at. There is a ton of iron and stuff as it had a couple schools there at one time. They replaced the gas lines last week so we had to see what they unearthed. We got a few wheaties including a 1919s and a 1909vdb ( not the s sadly). Got a war nickel and some old ammo. A couple pieces of broken jewelry. The exciting find was a bread token from around 1870! Our oldest so far! I included a pic of a nicer one of the same I found online. I don't know about the weird clip in the pic but has a patent date of May 1897. About a dollar in clad not shown and several shotgun shell heads. Fun day overall and met some nice folks who lived nearby. Think we might go back tomorrow. Have a great tomorrow everyone!

Attachments

• 20220526_210602.jpg
    20220526_210602.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220526_210635.jpg
    20220526_210635.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220526_210829.jpg
    20220526_210829.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a fun day looking at a park we haven't spent much time at. There is a ton of iron and stuff as it had a couple schools there at one time. They replaced the gas lines last week so we had to see what they unearthed. We got a few wheaties including a 1919s and a 1909vdb ( not the s sadly). Got a war nickel and some old ammo. A couple pieces of broken jewelry. The exciting find was a bread token from around 1870! Our oldest so far! I included a pic of a nicer one of the same I found online. I don't know about the weird clip in the pic but has a patent date of May 1897. About a dollar in clad not shown and several shotgun shell heads. Fun day overall and met some nice folks who lived nearby. Think we might go back tomorrow. Have a great tomorrow everyone!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a great hunt, congrats on the early token. :occasion14:
I may be wrong, but this looks to be silver to me?
Dave

20220526_210602-crop.jpg
?

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks silver to me but not marked. We don't have a test kit yet. I need to get one.....
It looks to me like it's been broken, so I'm thinking the 'STERLING' mark was on the part that's missing. :icon_scratch:
Dave

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks to me like it's been broken, so I'm thinking the 'STERLING' mark was on the part that's missing. :icon_scratch:
Dave
Thanks Dave but although broken, it is all there. Maybe it was from before they marked stuff? Or it ain't silver? πŸ˜„

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great to me. Awesome token! Congratulations

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THAT is an awesome token!! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread