Out roughing it and camping in the wilds

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here i am out campng with my horses in the wild :) Times are tough back here :(
DJI_0174.JPG
Here is one picture of 2 of my horses !!
DJI_0176.JPG

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little white thing next to the road is my Satellite TV antenna

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJI_0163.JPG
DJI_0165.JPG
DJI_0166.JPG
here are 3 Drone pictures of the fog over the lake there . Hope you like them

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
geez Gare that thing is rigged out to the max! I've never seen a vehicle that could accommodate two horses attached to living quarters for two people. Is that what that is? I love your Satellite system and you have more digital gadgets showing than on the Hoax Island war room! You look like an author working on your next book. Pretty impressive stuff. BTW roughing it is a pretty funny title!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean It is a 4 horse all self contained.I am trying to get someone to make me a swing out saddle rack so i can put my Polaris rangers inside instead of my horses
I hope and pray your doing good :) Thank you for the nice comments

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geez Gare that thing is rigged out to the max! I've never seen a vehicle that could accommodate two horses attached to living quarters for two people. Is that what that is? I love your Satellite system and you have more digital gadgets showing than on the Hoax Island war room! You look like an author working on your next book. Pretty impressive stuff. BTW roughing it is a pretty funny title!
That trailer is a 4 horse !! LOL We try to carry everything Anyone could need. A lot of people come to me to borrow things LOL
Thanks for your kind post

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, load up the ponies and drive on down to the Treasure Coast. Get a permit and you can ride your horses on the same beach where you can detect for 1715 treasure. Fredrick Douglas Beach has a horseback concession but private permits can be obtained. Fellow in the cowboy hat was down from Wisconsin. Took these while I was detecting there.
I found nothing that day, but they had a great time. Even went a little ways in the water.
20230220_120256.jpg
20230220_112918.jpg 20230220_130440.jpg 20230220_130503.jpg

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, load up the ponies and drive on down to the Treasure Coast. Get a permit and you can ride your horses on the same beach where you can detect for 1715 treasure. Fredrick Douglas Beach has a horseback concession but private permits can be obtained. Fellow in the cowboy hat was down from Wisconsin. Took these while I was detecting there.
I found nothing that day, but they had a great time. Even went a little ways in the water.
View attachment 2071585 View attachment 2071584 View attachment 2071586 View attachment 2071587
I would sure like more info on this place "_ Thank you for bringing it to my attention :) Do you have any more web information on iot please ?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be the place to start. Sorry they were not better pics. Only had my phone with me. I'll try to find the name of the concessioner. They make several trips on days they ride. $50 for 1 hour ride. Don't know if there are any restrictions on private users.
Some 1715 treasure has been found at this beach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice setup. I told this guy to meet me at a park and ride lot off I25 north of Denver today. It was a good place to meet where one doesn't need to deviate off the main roads, but the place has become an RV junk yard lately. Also it appears to be an aluminum scrap treasure trove for meth heads also.

Attachments

• 20230227_122813.jpg
    20230227_122813.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 35

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,I do alot of camping on the AEP lands...

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father-in-law lived on the treasure coast (Vero Beach) for about twelve years, until he passed away. He was a great musician and a nice guy with occasional cranky moods. We always got along well.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio no town, out in the boondocks ,just search AEP Ohio reclaimed lands multiple campgrounds 100"s of lakes ponds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions