Out today and was good.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Hi guys. Went out today to a place that may not look great but where I was, is one of the most hit places in Victoria! First up I tried along a road side area with power lines. Its pretty hot ground too.
I was "huh" my Terra 705 handled it good at 17 sensitivity. Got lots of targets, but alas no good ones.
Lunch time. After that I thought ok another near by.
There was thick signals so it was slow mode. I was a bit surprised there was so many targets.
I picked through it some. I found what I believe is a money clip that was once gold plated, as in the sun I could see it once was. Stupid me thought when I dug it out thought junk! Then after id tried to wipe dirt off and bend, I know Dumb Dumb, realised it was a money clip. 😩
Later got a Musket Ball, later a Buckle type that you can see both, but just mine, meet. Then a crazy worn coin, you can just make out a head shape on it. The bizarre one though! An old worn ruined broach. Now this is from the 1880s! It was about 8 to 10 inches. Tight signal, among some tin, but I got this very very narrow good sound. I dug it up and the old ruined broach. But, the pin section, the pin. Is gold! Im, no, no way not possible. Buy the pin needle bit is actually gold! It came out of the ground looking like, the pin, just made new. Its gold! How, why I have no idea! Was the broach loved so much that the original pin got lost!? Why such an insignificant thing got a gold pin put on it!?
It is gold, its gotta be the most "huh" relic find iv found.
Im going back with the Misses tomorrow, may get nothing, but it was for the place so hard hit a great day. 👍👍😀
IMG_20220809_153840_986~2.jpg
IMG_20220809_153715_839~2.jpg

IMG_20220809_150801_785.jpg

Upvote 17

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just goes to show that hard hit areas still produce.
Well done Chilli
Now that is a weird find, to have a gold pin on a base metal item.
I wonder if it was the backing(support) portion of the gold brooch/pin?
Pretty cool either way
Best of luck on the return hunt

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Just goes to show that hard hit areas still produce.
Well done Chilli
Now that is a weird find, to have a gold pin on a base metal item.
I wonder if it was the backing(support) portion of the gold brooch/pin?
Pretty cool either way
Best of luck on the return hunt
Thanks, yeah I was, no it cant be! But it is. The place was mad rich in gold but still im dumbfounded why. True though, the place was so nuts rich in gold in the 1880s that they made or shot gold slugs out of their muskets in place of lead! They were finding so much and didn't care. True!
This has to be personally my most bizarre finds ever! Worth wise not much but bizarre, right up there.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see that you got out Chilli.
The Spring season is around the corner for you and I’m confident that you will be recovering those beautiful gold nuggets
Although we are many miles apart we share the same journey to find that elusive pot of gold
Take care mate…

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Glad to see that you got out Chilli.
The Spring season is around the corner for you and I’m confident that you will be recovering those beautiful gold nuggets
Although we are many miles apart we share the same journey to find that elusive pot of gold
Take care mate…
Thanks @billb
Wow its been crazy frosts here. Iv never experienced so many ever. Fish are shut down here like iv never experienced in all our time in Central Vic!
We are very looking forward to it warming up. Hope mate that you and the family are going good. Im still trying for my Gold Sovereign here, 😁
Stay well n safe Bill👍

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks @billb
Wow its been crazy frosts here. Iv never experienced so many ever. Fish are shut down here like iv never experienced in all our time in Central Vic!
We are very looking forward to it warming up. Hope mate that you and the family are going good. Im still trying for my Gold Sovereign here, 😁
Stay well n safe Bill👍
Chilli..for us we never experienced this kind of heat of over 90f for so many days.
Mate stay safe and look forward to Spring and I think that some nice gold nuggets are close by
Be careful with the ice when your walking outside
Thanks
Bill

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. Went out today to a place that may not look great but where I was, is one of the most hit places in Victoria! First up I tried along a road side area with power lines. Its pretty hot ground too.
I was "huh" my Terra 705 handled it good at 17 sensitivity. Got lots of targets, but alas no good ones.
Lunch time. After that I thought ok another near by.
There was thick signals so it was slow mode. I was a bit surprised there was so many targets.
I picked through it some. I found what I believe is a money clip that was once gold plated, as in the sun I could see it once was. Stupid me thought when I dug it out thought junk! Then after id tried to wipe dirt off and bend, I know Dumb Dumb, realised it was a money clip. 😩
Later got a Musket Ball, later a Buckle type that you can see both, but just mine, meet. Then a crazy worn coin, you can just make out a head shape on it. The bizarre one though! An old worn ruined broach. Now this is from the 1880s! It was about 8 to 10 inches. Tight signal, among some tin, but I got this very very narrow good sound. I dug it up and the old ruined broach. But, the pin section, the pin. Is gold! Im, no, no way not possible. Buy the pin needle bit is actually gold! It came out of the ground looking like, the pin, just made new. Its gold! How, why I have no idea! Was the broach loved so much that the original pin got lost!? Why such an insignificant thing got a gold pin put on it!?
It is gold, its gotta be the most "huh" relic find iv found.
Im going back with the Misses tomorrow, may get nothing, but it was for the place so hard hit a great day. 👍👍😀 View attachment 2040721 View attachment 2040722

View attachment 2040723
Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread