Pa. Jasper- Bottom Center my best find so far for 2022.

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
20220615_090312.jpg

Upvote 24
OP
OP
wells

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Man wells, you've been killing it. That's about as good of a group of personally found points that anyone could hope for. How long have you been collecting the pieces in that frame anyway? From many cultures I think?
Yes many cultures. Been hunting 40 years and all from no more than 15 miles from home .

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes many cultures. Been hunting 40 years and all from no more than 15 miles from home .
Many times when you collect from around a small area the points tend to be all of a similar material that was sourced nearby. It's great that there is such a variety of cherts in your area that you ended up with such a nice array of colors.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting this PA frame.
I’m thankful to see a quality representation of personal finds from a bordering region.

From my view (Northeast Coast),

There are a good number of points in that case that are instantly familiar types -some with slight variation of style and material (oh that coveted Jasper!)

There are also types that seem to be more standard in your region than here in mine.

It really supports the speculation (for me anyway) that those very rare, high quality and artfully crafted types that we find (once in a lifetime), made of exotic lithics could have (once apon a time) been a family (or tribal) showpiece.
I remember well, the custom made ‘Bowie Knife’ displayed on my father’s mantle for decades. It was a gift from a relative who brought it back from his travels. Of course, our guests would handle and admire it every so often.

(See…Your terrific frame got me thinking.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread