Packer/Outfitter

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Sarge - you mention First Water Trailhead.. on the "other" Dutchman forums a few years back someone posted a very convincing Peralta Stone solve that placed the mines (not LDM) a hundred yards or so from the trailhead parking lot. He even advertised a prospectus and the results of soil and mineral surveys and it looked promising (at least, to me - in an armchair 3000 miles away). He put forward a theory that arastras were built near Hackleberry Springs.

Http://Mollymarieprospect.com

If you or anyone else knows who I'm referring to - did anything come of it ?

"Jack" as we call him over on the "other" channel, has put a TON of work into that site...I'm not convinced it was all Mexican mining activity, but he certainly knows that site better than most, including me... one thing I would like to see at some point, is some actual gold ore...in the meantime, he always has interesting info...I think he's looking for investors, or at least he was at one time...not my cup o' tea, but I still enjoy reading about his theories...I hope he finds what he thinks is down there, if anyone deserves it, he does.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
"Jack" as we call him over on the "other" channel, has put a TON of work into that site...I'm not convinced it was all Mexican mining activity, but he certainly knows that site better than most, including me... one thing I would like to see at some point, is some actual gold ore...in the meantime, he always has interesting info...I think he's looking for investors, or at least he was at one time...not my cup o' tea, but I still enjoy reading about his theories...I hope he finds what he thinks is down there, if anyone deserves it, he does.
he has a million claims in the goldfield area

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Jim, I don't mean any disrespect to your friend Jack, but you haven't seen any gold ore because there isn't enough gold there to fool with.

He found, in my opinion, a post WWII prospect with a concrete collar. He equates the concrete collar with mine production. He says the rock there is breccia. That can be a very unstable rock to tunnel through. That calls for heavier duty sets (individual 4 to 6 foot chunks of shoring) to support the sides of the shaft and make it safe. The first set is anchored to the collar and each additional set is anchored to the set above it. That places A LOT of weight on the collar. I don't think the concrete collar shows mine production, but a shaft with heavy sets in unstable rock. If that hole was a producer, there would be evidence of that production in the form of a large mine dump. Since there is no mine dump, that leads me to believe he found a prospect not a mine. That probably means the assays didn't pan out.
P.S. There's no money in putting a mine dump back in the shaft, so I have a hard time believing that theory too.

"I think he's looking for investors, or at least he was at one time...not my cup o' tea"
Not mine either! Gold mine owners looking for investors remind me of an old quote by Mark Twain: "A gold mine is a hole in the ground owned by a liar." While I don't think your friend Jack is a liar, I do think he's a victim of wishful thinking.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't say I disagree with much you said Lucky, but all the same I've found his posts to be interesting and fun to think about...I wish him well in his search...

Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend:thumbsup::headbang::hello2::occasion18::metaldetector:

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The only packer with a permit for wilderness is the OK. You will not see the forest service in the mountain. They just wait at the trail heads. If that. They are very active during fire season in shooting areas. They hit Hewitt hard. AZ fish and game hits that area more so. What's funny most gold hunters know nothing about prospecting. There is gold right where you turn onto first water. People drive right past it then hike for miles and find nothing. Great adventure though.

Yessir, but I want to see the area I showed ya. They weren't there mining soda ash. There is no doubt I can find some interesting areas in other places and may, just wanna go to my spot first and photo-document it.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

That's not my huckleberry but it's kinda close. Kinda. He has an interesting prospect there.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't say I disagree with much you said Lucky, but all the same I've found his posts to be interesting and fun to think about...I wish him well in his search...

Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend:thumbsup::headbang::hello2::occasion18::metaldetector:

Hope you had a great one Jim. I put my boat on our private little 16 acre pond and ended up with a young man needing dental surgery due to an impact from a tube. I hope that was all the curse holds for us. I was being careful too. Anyway hope everyone had a great and safe day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread