invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dozer dan, thanks for the possible ID. I'll share w/ the historical society. They gave some more background today - which may help...
  • Their was an early 1800’s residence inside of the shed building, so maybe the artifacts were used for personal/family purposes?
  • Someone had nailed up the siding to make it usable as a “barn”, so the artifacts could also be dated later. Note the wing nuts.
  • I don’t know exactly where they were located inside the shed because during the demo, the claw just scraped out debris and took down the walls. We didn’t get to go inside and see it in its entirely before it started. We would have liked to have taken photos of how it stood before any demo work started.
  • We rooted through whatever was torn down. Sometimes claw operator would spot something of interest and pull it out for us or draw our attention to it.
  • On the second floor we found the wagon wheel. There is a slight possibility this could have been the location of Nathan Lincoln’s wagon shop. Maybe it has something to do with his business??"

Upvote 1
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystery solved! The artifacts are caps at the end of a barn door track to keep the door from running off the track.

Attachments

• Solved.jpg
    Solved.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 3
Solution

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread