Palm Beach Shores Trip

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are using 1 of our timeshare weeks at Palm Beach Shores Resort starting mid July. Live in Fort Myers so it?s a quick little trip across the state. Been metal detecting at the beach as much as I can since I bought an Equinox 600 earlier this year. I have some disabilities that keeps me from detecting more than I do so still learning like a sponge. I read a lot of the stories here on Treasurenet which helps. I have not found much of anything except trash to actually post pictures which would be embarrassing. If anyone has any advice or helpful tips for that area please let me know. The area has probably been well picked over already but that?s ok it is about the journey and learning.

Upvote 0

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Low and slow. The more time you spend with that machine, the more targets you dig, the more treasure you will find. Welcome to the modern day Pirates club! ☠️

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Urban Prospector, looking forward to detecting on the east coast of FL.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet bring a hat and some water dig all the tones

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck out there....in the summer ill dry sand early, get in the water for the mid day heat, and maybe dry sand again in the evening. Since I use a mask also I like the mid day sun to brighten up the bottom for me to see. Another reason to water hunt in the middle of the day. If you watch the people your evening dry sand can be good by concentrating your search where the biggest crowds were !!

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you FloridaSon, I have read a lot on the treasure beaches report, a lot of good info there and thank you for the reminder.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Blak bart, appreciate the advice. I have some physical issues and can only go knee deep max and not for long. So mostly dry and wet sand for me. Sounds about the same beach hunting like I do here at Fort Myers beach. Except for the ocean on the east side and the gulf this side where I live.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golds in the water and way less trash.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sphillip, won’t be going that far north on this trip maybe another time. Good info to have.

OP
OP
RichsEquinox

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks lookindown, I’ll hit the water as much as my body will let me. It would be nice to finally find some gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread