Paperweight?

The Rogue

Greenie
Mar 17, 2016
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes, Vaquero, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently I don't come around the forum too much, but am I basically correct assuming that my Tiger Shark is just essentially a giant paperweight now?
End of the season last year I started my final day in the water pretty good. Out of nowhere the shark starts chattering. In the water, out of the water, at home dry in the house...Idk.
Are those guys in Texas still doing repairs? Thanks!

OP
OP
T

The Rogue

Greenie
Mar 17, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Yes I tried it in the house with some brand new batteries and still get a chirp but not as bad...might take a shower with it Lol!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X2, Too

Apparently I don't come around the forum too much, but am I basically correct assuming that my Tiger Shark is just essentially a giant paperweight now?
End of the season last year I started my final day in the water pretty good. Out of nowhere the shark starts chattering. In the water, out of the water, at home dry in the house...Idk.
Are those guys in Texas still doing repairs? Thanks!

My Shadow X2 is doing the exact same thing, chirping like crazy.
Hope I don't have to mail it to England to get worked on.
Carl

OP
OP
T

The Rogue

Greenie
Mar 17, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad coil?

Sorry for the delay, but that me lol! No after fresh batteries, I tried it in the pool for a bit and it was doing ok. Took it out to the lake and was good for about and hour up to knee deep. Once the box was under water for about 20 minutes it started chirping. Brought it home and opened the case and couldn't see any droplets, but I'm assuming there's a slight leak behind the controls:(. So I went with a brand new 1280x Fisher. Probably send the shark in during the winter,I'm enjoying the new unit too much to worry about the old one for now. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread