🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Papua New Guinea Finds

Epicfind

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2022
This was taken from a river bed in Papua New Guinea. Does anyone know what it might be?

IMG-20220331-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220331-WA0002.jpg

Solution
That,s how I ended up in the Infantry,they shined a flashlight in one ear and when it shone out the other,the guy said,you,re perfect!
I was just joking of course. I could not resist the lead in you left me. But actually I consider you one of the more intelligent posters on here. You make brilliant posts without bloviating. Some folks think more words make smarter posts. Some time I am guilty of that.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a small introduction to Papua 50 years ago courtesy of a Australian Army jungle survival course.I was a U.S.Marine assigned to learn the skills needed to live there and bring that back to my mates. Was taken to Port Moresby and into the Owen Stanley Mountains. Very strange place,lots of strange doings there and many biting,stinging,sticky bugs,animals,insects and plants.I have no desire to go back though it was interesting at the time.

Upvote 9

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a small introduction to Papua 50 years ago courtesy of a Australian Army jungle survival course.I was a U.S.Marine assigned to learn the skills needed to live there and bring that back to my mates. Was taken to Port Moresby and into the Owen Stanley Mountains. Very strange place,lots of strange doings there and many biting,stinging,sticky bugs,animals,insects and plants.I have no desire to go back though it was interesting at the time.
Thanks for sharing and thanks for your service.

Upvote 6

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is I have deduced it to be worthless, I'll PM you my address so you can mail it to me so I can dispose of it properly for you. I kid, it looks pretty interesting, maybe some type of rare gemstone/mineral. That land is too exotic for me to know much about the local minerals. Hope you make bank! 😃

Upvote 2

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of weird stuff in New Guinea Rivers. I too would love to know what it is.Japs,Australians and Americans fought all over that part of Papua in WWII. Might have come from some sort of battle debris.
Its just so big, I wouldn't expect glass that big unless near a foundry but could be something melted in battle (maybe).

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread