traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright lets get right down do it!!??? Has anybody ever heard or saw something off the beaten path that just didnt fit while hunting for goods.
Welcome by the way. That is a really open question. According to what you mean by "didn't fit". You might want to elaborate on that.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I came down with a sinus infection and was prescribed prednisone , having taken it before I knew it makes me very hard to be around ,everyone's a jerk but me when I'm on that crap.
so I get a doctors note to take a few days off to get past the infection and moodiness.

Well I didn't feel that bad, so off I went metal detecting at a place called the bloody angle in Spotsy.
I was walking a road bed detecting and had just dug a button back and looked around before standing back up like I always do before standing.
and felt a chill go up my spine as I see a group of union soldiers running across the road ,One of the men looked at me and motioned for me to run with them.

I got to my feet and ran to the spot I saw them last to look for foot prints or something to confirm what I had just seen.
when I get to the spot my machine is going off like crazy . again I look around as I get on my knees and start to dig bullet after bullet , my memory has lost track of the exact amount but it was around 50 bullets all in one hole. all 58 cal 3 ringers.

I do know prednisone can cause hallucinations but I've never known them to produce civil war bullets.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... not a bird, not a plane, and not the need to see a naked girl walk up on ya. But a full blown voice with NO BODY!!
Give us more details please. People here will be interested. Give us general area where you were if you do not mind. Thanks for sharing.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I came down with a sinus infection and was prescribed prednisone , having taken it before I knew it makes me very hard to be around ,everyone's a jerk but me when I'm on that crap.
so I get a doctors note to take a few days off to get past the infection and moodiness.

Well I didn't feel that bad, so off I went metal detecting at a place called the bloody angle in Spotsy.
I was walking a road bed detecting and had just dug a button back and looked around before standing back up like I always do before standing.
and felt a chill go up my spine as I see a group of union soldiers running across the road ,One of the men looked at me and motioned for me to run with them.

I got to my feet and ran to the spot I saw them last to look for foot prints or something to confirm what I had just seen.
when I get to the spot my machine is going off like crazy . again I look around as I get on my knees and start to dig bullet after bullet , my memory has lost track of the exact amount but it was around 50 bullets all in one hole. all 58 cal 3 ringers.

I do know prednisone can cause hallucinations but I've never known them to produce civil war bullets.
Wow. Now that is a story, crashbandicoot. It would really be frightening for some of the southern boys on here to have all those union troops running by. I am going to get me some of that prednisone before I dig again. I think the most bullets I ever dug in one day was around 30 or so. You had a very good day. I assume they were all drops. Thanks for sharing.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Now that is a story, crashbandicoot. It would really be frightening for some of the southern boys on here to have all those union troops running by. I am going to get me some of that prednisone before I dig again. I think the most bullets I ever dug in one day was around 30 or so. You had a very good day. I assume they were all drops. Thanks for sharing.
That was ticndig,I can,t take credit for that one.:laughing7: Prednisone is a steroid,my daughter has Crohns disease and has to have it sometimes,but it has real bad side effects for some. I used to steal hers to relieve my shoulder pain and it would suppress my immune system and I,d get staph infections if I took it too long.Bad stuff.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was ticndig,I can,t take credit for that one.:laughing7: Prednisone is a steroid,my daughter has Crohns disease and has to have it sometimes,but it has real bad side effects for some. I used to steal hers to relieve my shoulder pain and it would suppress my immune system and I,d get staph infections if I took it too long.Bad stuff.
Well maybe bullets are not worth that.

I hope your daughter is doing ok, my friend.

OP
OP
S

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK.. as my son and I were walking the Argentine railway trail in Silver Plume Colorado, we were going in and out of many mining entrances some still had the rails going into them, an old cabin too, all abandoned and most blown shut by the EPA. We were talking and then we heard a guy say "Leave him alone he's got a kid". So I look around and can't see anybody.. so I suspect another prospector is close by who normally would've tried to start trouble with me as some of the locals are known to do if you get to close to a good mine. So we kept going and followed a really obscure walking trail that roughed it through the thick and the only way you could get were we ended up is by following the same trail, and there we were in an open area that was surrounded by forest and off in the distance we hear "oh..they're just hikers" so as not to startle any hunters that might be getting ready to shoot, we made a lot of noise talking loudly, but we never heard any other noise from any hunters, so we kept going another hour on the trail ended up at a broken gondola that had the reputation of being the very first gondola in the U.S. not for skiers but for getting the huge rocks with gold down to the train. I didnt want to walk that whole trail back cause it would take hours and it was already dusk, So I said "Well shit!! How are we gonna get back before dark?"
and we heard a guy say "Down there". About now I am little freaked out cause there ain't nobody here but us!! Sooo... without hesitation we went down the rough of the mountain following the broken lines of the gondola, sliding on our butts. It took us twice as long to get back through the most dense thick as we were guided by the sound of trucks on the highway.
We got back to the town about 11:30p.m. and as we were walking through the backyard of a house, a dog starts barking at us from the deck so again we start talking loudly as not to startle anybody, I see this guy on the deck and I yell "Just lost hickers, thats all!!" the guy says I know I just saw your buddy come through here a minute ago... WE DIDNT HAVE A BUDDY!!

Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.. as my son and I were walking the Argentine railway trail in Silver Plume Colorado, we were going in and out of many mining entrances some still had the rails going into them, an old cabin too, all abandoned and most blown shut by the EPA. We were talking and then we heard a guy say "Leave him alone he's got a kid". So I look around and can't see anybody.. so I suspect another prospector is close by who normally would've tried to start trouble with me as some of the locals are known to do if you get to close to a good mine. So we kept going and followed a really obscure walking trail that roughed it through the thick and the only way you could get were we ended up is by following the same trail, and there we were in an open area that was surrounded by forest and off in the distance we hear "oh..they're just hikers" so as not to startle any hunters that might be getting ready to shoot, we made a lot of noise talking loudly, but we never heard any other noise from any hunters, so we kept going another hour on the trail ended up at a broken gondola that had the reputation of being the very first gondola in the U.S. not for skiers but for getting the huge rocks with gold down to the train. I didnt want to walk that whole trail back cause it would take hours and it was already dusk, So I said "Well shit!! How are we gonna get back before dark?"
and we heard a guy say "Down there". About now I am little freaked out cause there ain't nobody here but us!! Sooo... without hesitation we went down the rough of the mountain following the broken lines of the gondola, sliding on our butts. It took us twice as long to get back through the most dense thick as we were guided by the sound of trucks on the highway.
We got back to the town about 11:30p.m. and as we were walking through the backyard of a house, a dog starts barking at us from the deck so again we start talking loudly as not to startle anybody, I see this guy on the deck and I yell "Just lost hickers, thats all!!" the guy says I know I just say your buddy come through here a minute ago... WE DIDNT HAVE A BUDDY!!
Now that is a hair-raising experience, Syd. I think I might have aborted mission after the second voice. Now, the million dollar or golden question: Have you been back there again?

Thanks a ton for sharing with us. I bet others have stories to share. Oh yea, other than your ears, did you have any other sense of company? A feeling of something not right before you heard the voices.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well maybe bullets are not worth that.

I hope your daughter is doing ok, my friend.
Thank you,she,s had this for a long time now and manages it well.It,s an inflammatory bowel disease if you didn,t know.Never goes away,no cure,just management and remission but can flare up at any time. That,s when the prednisone comes in,I don,t steal it any more since I found out that caused my staph.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got back to the town about 11:30p.m. and as we were walking through the backyard of a house, a dog starts barking at us from the deck so again we start talking loudly as not to startle anybody, I see this guy on the deck and I yell "Just lost hickers, thats all!!" the guy says I know I just saw your buddy come through here a minute ago... WE DIDNT HAVE A BUDDY!!
Good story Syd.As Charlie Daniels sang,"some things in this world you just can,t explain"!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you,she,s had this for a long time now and manages it well.It,s an inflammatory bowel disease if you didn,t know.Never goes away,no cure,just management and remission but can flare up at any time. That,s when the prednisone comes in,I don,t steal it any more since I found out that caused my staph.
Glad she is managing. I hope the best for her.

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
. Well not when I was detecting but when I am home I have somewhat regular visits from things .. I have them on may cameras video. I have spoken to all the experts LOLOLOLOL well those who deal in strange happening and they tell me something like YOU HAVE Spirits !!!!! No Crap !!! My dogs will not go in the basement, They will stand at the top of the stairs as they hear noise, pounding, items falling off shelves and they bark.... I have most all on video. Things you can't explain ,,, Call me a nut job but you would not believe the people who do believe and when they see the videos they are amazed what goes on. The experts said I must never bring anything back into my house unless it is blessed, Well folks I will end it here. One last point.... For those who know, know what I say ..Jim

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Well not when I was detecting but when I am home I have somewhat regular visits from things .. I have them on may cameras video. I have spoken to all the experts LOLOLOLOL well those who deal in strange happening and they tell me something like YOU HAVE Spirits !!!!! No Crap !!! My dogs will not go in the basement, They will stand at the top of the stairs as they hear noise, pounding, items falling off shelves and they bark.... I have most all on video. Things you can't explain ,,, Call me a nut job but you would not believe the people who do believe and when they see the videos they are amazed what goes on. The experts said I must never bring anything back into my house unless it is blessed, Well folks I will end it here. One last point.... For those who know, know what I say ..Jim
Thanks for sharing, Hunter. Your house have a history?

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
I am a collector of many things, the house is 40 years old. But some of the main people involved in the paranormal want to come by and have a personnel look see and do some type of investigation .. I said no .,..They also said they can remove the spirits but once again I said know /.. Until I find out what is the causing the anomalies I just walk in the basement and say Hi ... I use to spend a lot of time in the basement but not any more ,... This has been on going for at least 15 years but now on video coming to a theater near you ...

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never personally experienced anything of the paranormal where we relic hunt, but there are several instances of paranormal activity witnessed not only by county workers that work around the area we hunt and by locals as well. A fellow I used to hunt with had an incident when he was hunting solo in a wooded area right about dusk. The area used to have an old farmhouse that was standing during the CW and was used as a field hospital by both the Confetrit' and Union armies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread