OP
S

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that is a hair-raising experience, Syd. I think I might have aborted mission after the second voice. Now, the million dollar or golden question: Have you been back there again?

Thanks a ton for sharing with us. I bet others have stories to share. Oh yea, other than your ears, did you have any other sense of company? A feeling of something not right before you heard the voices.
You absolutely feel a sense of company everywhere in that town. At first I thought it was high altitude sickness but after four years there you always feel like there is alot going on. Now the history of the area is 10,000 mines in 1852 or so and alot of disgruntled workers who thought they were lied to back in New York about getting rich cause you could be killed for stealing gold from the mine you worked for in fact some mines made you work naked or so they say...
But I never went back after hearing about a tragedy of a teenage boy who swears he was pushed off the roof of a cabin up there.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You absolutely feel a sense of company everywhere in that town. At first I thought it was high altitude sickness but after four years there you always feel like there is alot going on. Now the history of the area is 10,000 mines in 1852 or so and alot of disgruntled workers who thought they were lied to back in New York about getting rich cause you could be killed for stealing gold from the mine you worked for in fact some mines made you work naked or so they say...
But I never went back after hearing about a tragedy of a teenage boy who swears he was pushed off the roof of a cabin up there.
I think I would stay away from that place too, Syd. Would be nice to know where it is but if you do not want to say, understood. Thanks for sharing.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That real famous Ghost hunter "Zach" came to another mine " Phoenix Mine" in Lawson Colorado about 15 miles away and they say the mine owner was into Pagan Rituals that would stir up activity I guess to scare off people maybe??? I don't see how that would help with mining.
You nailed it. To scare people off.

OP
OP
S

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All that thought that goes into disembodied voices leads me right down that rabbit hole of conspiracy about the Russians and Aliens...
1. Aliens need gold for the spaceships heat shield like our space shuttle does.
2. Germany begins reverse technology of downed Alien Space craft.
3. Germany loses war and Russia takes over reverse technology.
4. Governor Jesse Ventura exposes cloaking invisibility from the FBI/CIA been going on for years.
5. Russia cloaks space craft and people to come to colorado and all over to steal gold...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After i got married my mom and dad got divorced. My mother was single for a long time. One day she met a full blooded indian named Howard. Howrd was no prize by any standard. He was an ex convict. Most of his issues relvoved around alcohol and action there after. Howard did treat my mom with respect and straightened out his life. In the 1970's my mom passed away in August. moms funeral was on a hot day over 90 degrees and no winds. We lived in Kalamazoo and the funeral prossion had to drive about 35 miles to Allegan Michigan. At the grave side service we had for mom was hot and no WIND !!. Howards family was there mayb e 10 to 15 people. After my moms grave side service Howards brother asked me if they could preform there service honoring my mom to which i said of course. 50 or so feet away from my moms burial spot they set up and started playing there indian drums. When they started it was HOT NO WIND not a cloud in the sky what so ever!! All of a sudden it got VERY dark ALMOST like night. The wind started BLOWING hard and it very cold. When they got done hojnoring her everything went back to light hot and NO WIND. I asked Howards brother what they chanted. He told me they started out with a chant for a indian squaw were his exact words. But then he said they could not finish that chant and it changed to a Indian Warrior chant !! and told me my mom was a warrior for what she had done with Howard. Everyone that was there were speechless.
I love you MOM !!!!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After i got married my mom and dad got divorced. My mother was single for a long time. One day she met a full blooded indian named Howard. Howrd was no prize by any standard. He was an ex convict. Most of his issues relvoved around alcohol and action there after. Howard did treat my mom with respect and straightened out his life. In the 1970's my mom passed away in August. moms funeral was on a hot day over 90 degrees and no winds. We lived in Kalamazoo and the funeral prossion had to drive about 35 miles to Allegan Michigan. At the grave side service we had for mom was hot and no WIND !!. Howards family was there mayb e 10 to 15 people. After my moms grave side service Howards brother asked me if they could preform there service honoring my mom to which i said of course. 50 or so feet away from my moms burial spot they set up and started playing there indian drums. When they started it was HOT NO WIND not a cloud in the sky what so ever!! All of a sudden it got VERY dark ALMOST like night. The wind started BLOWING hard and it very cold. When they got done hojnoring her everything went back to light hot and NO WIND. I asked Howards brother what they chanted. He told me they started out with a chant for a indian squaw were his exact words. But then he said they could not finish that chant and it changed to a Indian Warrior chant !! and told me my mom was a warrior for what she had done with Howard. Everyone that was there were speechless.
I love you MOM !!!!
. Thanks for sharing your story, Gare. Sounds like a special lady. I miss my mom too.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was lonely for a long time. Me my brother and sister did not care for howard. He did take care of her. When my mom passed i bought Howard a car.in less then 6 months Howard had got intoxicated and into a fight . He was beaten to death.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love you MOM !!!!
Indian stuff is so deep and so real, I was living in a place in the middle of Denver which was close to Confluence Park which had the reputation of being an Indian burial ground. I was there maybe a month if that when I had a full color dream that I was an Indian and all around me were my dead family, I couldnt walk and about 30 feet away was a Calvary Soldier with a hatchet and was splitting the chest bone in eveyones chest and I felt so sad... I woke my wife up as I was crying when I woke up...CRAZY!!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She wqas lonely for a long time. Me my brother and sister did not care for howard. He did take care of her. When my mom passed i bought Howard a car.in less then 6 months Howard had got intoxicated and into a fight . He was beaten to death.
now that is sad.

OP
OP
S

Syd Rodgers

Greenie
Jan 20, 2022
Colorado and Wyoming
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never believed in a spirit attatching themselves to an object untill I took a tour at the Mines given by the georgetown loop railroad and it was real cool, they take you deep inside the mountain some people claim they get sick or claustrophobic or just sense something but when I was there everything was peaceful but when I got home I would get vibes in my house and sometimes hear a knock on the floor or a shuffle of something moving like furniture... I ignored it... I am too old to get scared untill I see something. A couple weeks later I was cleaning out my truck and in the back I found a pair of pliers that had the name of the mine I toured, engraved in them. They were definitely very old from that time period. I dont know how they got there, so I returned them to the tour office of the railroad, and never heard any thing in the my house again. WEIRD!!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never believed in a spirit attatching themselves to an object untill I took a tour at the Mines given by the georgetown loop railroad and it was real cool, they take you deep inside the mountain some people claim they get sick or claustrophobic or just sense something but when I was there everything was peaceful but when I got home I would get vibes in my house and sometimes hear a knock on the floor or a shuffle of something moving like furniture... I ignored it... I am too old to get scared untill I see something. A couple weeks later I was cleaning out my truck and in the back I found a pair of pliers that had the name of the mine I toured, engraved in them. They were definitely very old from that time period. I dont know how they got there, so I returned them to the tour office of the railroad, and never heard any thing in the my house again. WEIRD!!
Thanks for sharing, Syd. I shall mark the georgetown loop railroad off my list of places to visit.

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some decades ago i used to live on a few acres near Catlett Virginia. There were a few clashes that took place on my property . The original house built 1836 was across the way. It still had marks of the battles, bullet holes in the stone chimney etc. Of course lots and lots of relics were found by myself and others Over the years. Neighbors, residents of that old house & Different people including my two Children saw apparitions of soldiers. My 7 year old daughter once described a Man wearing a "cowboy" hat with a long beard a coat with shiny buttons and red belt with a sword walking across the back of my fenced in yard. I surmised this may have been a confederate officer killed during one of the battles. A neighbor lady showed me a area behind her old house where her horse shied as she was riding, at three very tired looking confederate soldiers who were sitting on a log around a fire. One looked up and all of a sudden they were gone. I found all sorts of relics around that area including melted lead. I have ever seen "ghosts" or heard them etc, I think some people can see them but others cant just as we have differences in hearing and sight there is a sense that is more developed in some than others. But may times when I've been hunting near a battle or where me have died violently you get a sense of presence. I always say a prayer for their souls, I respect their sacrifice an duty no matter what side they fought on. I always thank them for what I find

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some decades ago i used to live on a few acres near Catlett Virginia. There were a few clashes that took place on my property . The original house built 1836 was across the way. It still had marks of the battles, bullet holes in the stone chimney etc. Of course lots and lots of relics were found by myself and others Over the years. Neighbors, residents of that old house & Different people including my two Children saw apparitions of soldiers. My 7 year old daughter once described a Man wearing a "cowboy" hat with a long beard a coat with shiny buttons and red belt with a sword walking across the back of my fenced in yard. I surmised this may have been a confederate officer killed during one of the battles. A neighbor lady showed me a area behind her old house where her horse shied as she was riding, at three very tired looking confederate soldiers who were sitting on a log around a fire. One looked up and all of a sudden they were gone. I found all sorts of relics around that area including melted lead. I have ever seen "ghosts" or heard them etc, I think some people can see them but others cant just as we have differences in hearing and sight there is a sense that is more developed in some than others. But may times when I've been hunting near a battle or where me have died violently you get a sense of presence. I always say a prayer for their souls, I respect their sacrifice an duty no matter what side they fought on. I always thank them for what I find
Thanks for sharing, Tom. An Interesting story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread