PARANORMAL EXPERIENCES

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend a week with my Ex and you'll enter the twilight zone! She'll be accusing you of things you never did, could have done or would have done. She'll have you convinced that the lights were on, when you knew you turned them off. She'll try to blame you for her infidelities. And when you've finally had enough, she'll suck you back in with that sweet cherry pie!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend a week with my Ex and you'll enter the twilight zone! She'll be accusing you of things you never did, could have done or would have done. She'll have you convinced that the lights were on, when you knew you turned them off. She'll try to blame you for her infidelities. And when you've finally had enough, she'll suck you back in with that sweet cherry pie!
Sounds like this thread was the right place to mention her. Did you get a divorce or an exorcism?

Stormesweet

Greenie
Jan 24, 2022
Alright lets get right down do it!!??? Has anybody ever heard or saw something off the beaten path that just didnt fit while hunting for goods.
Oooooh that is an interesting question. I've never had a paranormal experience while artifact hunting - but then I've only been at it for about 3 months so far! Knock on wood the "only" weird/scary thing I encounter is a ghost! I'm looking forward to reading other people's experiences tho.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had one like that....the weirdest was when she had dreams that i did something bad, then would treat me poorly because of it in real life.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had one like that....the weirdest was when she had dreams that i did something bad, then would treat me poorly because of it in real life.
I hear you! Date the "right" chick (and to be fair, the right dude) and you'll have so many frightening, paranormal, out of body experiences, that it won't be ghosts you'll be checking for in the closet, under the bed or in the basement anymore, it'll be her!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is SO MUCH going on in this world that NO ONE can explain. Take the Pyramids for instance. I DO NOT believe they could move all those rocks - Stones with out heavy equipment. The ones that designed them were AMAZING !!!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never personally experienced anything of the paranormal where we relic hunt, but there are several instances of paranormal activity witnessed not only by county workers that work around the area we hunt and by locals as well. A fellow I used to hunt with had an incident when he was hunting solo in a wooded area right about dusk. The area used to have an old farmhouse that was standing during the CW and was used as a field hospital by both the Confetrit' and Union armies.
Thanks for sharing, partner.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My first wife was like this. She would dream that I had done something bad and hold a grudge for a week or two. The key word here was "First".

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is SO MUCH going on in this world that NO ONE can explain. Take the Pyramids for instance. I DO NOT believe they could move all those rocks - Stones with out heavy equipment. The ones that designed them were AMAZING !!!
Yes, the pyramids have always been fascinating to me as to just how they were built and each stone was placed. I believe in the paranormal also. Speaking of 'Stones', Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones looks as if he passed about 30 years ago. Lol

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first wife was like this. She would dream that I had done something bad and hold a grudge for a week or two. The key word here was "First".
Devildog Maybe a better word would be EX !!!! lol

Stormesweet

Greenie
Jan 24, 2022
After i got married my mom and dad got divorced. My mother was single for a long time. One day she met a full blooded indian named Howard. Howrd was no prize by any standard. He was an ex convict. Most of his issues relvoved around alcohol and action there after. Howard did treat my mom with respect and straightened out his life. In the 1970's my mom passed away in August. moms funeral was on a hot day over 90 degrees and no winds. We lived in Kalamazoo and the funeral prossion had to drive about 35 miles to Allegan Michigan. At the grave side service we had for mom was hot and no WIND !!. Howards family was there mayb e 10 to 15 people. After my moms grave side service Howards brother asked me if they could preform there service honoring my mom to which i said of course. 50 or so feet away from my moms burial spot they set up and started playing there indian drums. When they started it was HOT NO WIND not a cloud in the sky what so ever!! All of a sudden it got VERY dark ALMOST like night. The wind started BLOWING hard and it very cold. When they got done hojnoring her everything went back to light hot and NO WIND. I asked Howards brother what they chanted. He told me they started out with a chant for a indian squaw were his exact words. But then he said they could not finish that chant and it changed to a Indian Warrior chant !! and told me my mom was a warrior for what she had done with Howard. Everyone that was there were speechless.
I love you MOM !!

After i got married my mom and dad got divorced. My mother was single for a long time. One day she met a full blooded indian named Howard. Howrd was no prize by any standard. He was an ex convict. Most of his issues relvoved around alcohol and action there after. Howard did treat my mom with respect and straightened out his life. In the 1970's my mom passed away in August. moms funeral was on a hot day over 90 degrees and no winds. We lived in Kalamazoo and the funeral prossion had to drive about 35 miles to Allegan Michigan. At the grave side service we had for mom was hot and no WIND !!. Howards family was there mayb e 10 to 15 people. After my moms grave side service Howards brother asked me if they could preform there service honoring my mom to which i said of course. 50 or so feet away from my moms burial spot they set up and started playing there indian drums. When they started it was HOT NO WIND not a cloud in the sky what so ever!! All of a sudden it got VERY dark ALMOST like night. The wind started BLOWING hard and it very cold. When they got done hojnoring her everything went back to light hot and NO WIND. I asked Howards brother what they chanted. He told me they started out with a chant for a indian squaw were his exact words. But then he said they could not finish that chant and it changed to a Indian Warrior chant !! and told me my mom was a warrior for what she had done with Howard. Everyone that was there were speechless.
I love you MOM !!!!
Your description of the Indian drumming & singing changing the weather reminds me of accounts by European settlers in the mid-late 1800's reporting seeing something similar among the Ojibwa camps in Minnesota.

They wrote and told others who complied their accounts that there would be occasions when they indians would drum and sing in the large, ceremonial wigwam and it would shake or rock and some of the staves even lifted off the ground a bit.

One man reported being outside and put this hand on the surface if the wigwam, wondering how it could have been shaking so. He was immediately frightened by the sense that he couldn't have held the wigwam still even if he had wanted to. (This odd thought & logic gives the whole thing a ring of truth, imo.)

The man told later told his friend about this episode. The friend went to one of the tribal elders he was friendly with and asked him about it. The elder man would say nothing. The settler asked if he could come to their next meeting and watch, which the indian declined. Interest piqued, and probably a bit miffed on top of it, the settler told the indian to tell the Chief that he would pay him $15 if he could watch next time.

This was back in the late 1800's, so $15 was enough for the Chief to agree to let both white men, plus the blustery man's wife and two children attend next time. (!)

Inside the wigwam, the whites listened to the singing and drumming - which they described as "beautiful". They noted there was an air of jubilance (I got the sense this might have been helped by the presence of the white spectators - and the $15 lol) and the wigwam started shaking. The whites put their hands out to feel the shaking walls. The children wanted to leave, but they were not allowed to (by whom?). Afterward they were served some "delicious porridge".

(This was from Google's digitized scans of obscure books and pamphlets written + usually self-published by european settlers and travelers to the New World providing a first-hand accounts of their experiences.)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I never believed in a spirit attatching themselves to an object untill I took a tour at the Mines given by the georgetown loop railroad and it was real cool, they take you deep inside the mountain some people claim they get sick or claustrophobic or just sense something but when I was there everything was peaceful but when I got home I would get vibes in my house and sometimes hear a knock on the floor or a shuffle of something moving like furniture... I ignored it... I am too old to get scared untill I see something. A couple weeks later I was cleaning out my truck and in the back I found a pair of pliers that had the name of the mine I toured, engraved in them. They were definitely very old from that time period. I dont know how they got there, so I returned them to the tour office of the railroad, and never heard any thing in the my house again. WEIRD!!
Cornish and other miners saw pasties brought from home as standard fare for lunch here in MIchigan.. Mid century had many in the copper belt of the upper peninsula.
I was told it was practice to break some crust off and drop it on the mine floor for the Tommyknockers.

This article mentions something similar.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cornish and other miners saw pasties brought from home as standard fare for lunch here in MIchigan.. Mid century had many in the copper belt of the upper peninsula.
I was told it was practice to break some crust off and drop it on the mine floor for the Tommyknockers.

This article mentions something similar.
Thank you ,releventchair for that fine story.I,d heard the term used but had no idea exactly what it meant.Now I do.A great piece of history,may they not be forgotten!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread