PARANORMAL EXPERIENCES

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is one that my wife or I have never shared with anyone, although she may have told her brother when it happened.
It was the early 90s and we were driving over in Blount County, Tennessee on the way to a Flea Market at Alcoa. The road we were on crossed Highway 129 just south of the airport on a fly over. When you crossed over it immediately made a loop to drop you back down onto 129 North. Just as you started the loop there was a wide paved pull over. As we started that loop there was an old very plain Rambler Station Wagon with Kentucky tags pulled over, with the hood partially popped open, and steam coming out and water from radiator running down the paved pull over. Please make note that the pavement was wet with water running down it. We pulled over to help, and there was a middle-aged lady that was perhaps the plainest looking person I had seen. Her hair was pulled back in type of bun and she had on a long dress in that hot sun. No jewelry. Just plainly dressed. I still see her today and I can hardly remember last month sometimes. There were at least three children in the station wagon just sitting there staring out at us. Not moving. Not saying anything. And as I said it was summer and hot. I would have burnt up sitting in that Rambler.

I asked her if I could help her and she thanked me and said her brother should be by any time now to help her. I tried to insist but she would not have it. So I finally gave up and got in the car and swung on down on 129. But as we were leaving my wife and I were talking and decided we could not just leave them. It was hot and who knew when her brother would be there. Few people had cell phones back then and I am sure she did not, so how would she contact her brother. We drove about a hundred yards to a cross over to get back on 129 South and we turned around. Now bear in mind anyone coming onto 129 from that on ramp where she was had to drive right by us. It only took us a minute and we were back up and over the cross over to where the Rambler was sitting. Was sitting. There were no people. There was no Rambler. There was no water on the asphalt. It is like no one had been there. My wife was visibly shaken and we had to assure each other of what we had seen.
We both still remember the details to this day. I was going through some very though times then. But it seemed after that experience things were not such a burden here on earth. I knew for sure there was more than this life which can be really hard some times. Laugh if you will, but I think I saw angels. No other explanation.
That is an amazing experience. I cannot imagine how you two must have felt. I'm sure you've revisited it in your minds several times trying to make sense of what really happened.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing experience. I cannot imagine how you two must have felt. I'm sure you've revisited it in your minds several times trying to make sense of what really happened.
Yes it was amazing. I can only guess why it happened at that particular time. But I am very happy it did.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing paranormal here. Been hunting a 2000 acre site with several old homesites and cemeteries on it. Every now and then I feel like I'm being watched but that's probably my own hypervigilance.
Sabe, trust your gut feeling. Do you ever hear spoken words in your mind when this is happening?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking a lot for any info on Sarah Teel,but nothing yet other than what I,ve already posted. Lots of pay sites want me to give my credit card to them but that ain,t happening. Still trying to get some Census info.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking a lot for any info on Sarah Teel,but nothing yet other than what I,ve already posted. Lots of pay sites want me to give my credit card to them but that ain,t happening. Still trying to get some Census info.
You happen to have her date of birth? If handy, could you give me her date of death again, so I do not have to dig back for it.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You happen to have her date of birth? If handy, could you give me her date of death again, so I do not have to dig back for it.
I had to look it up in my notebook.Her date of death is Feb.1st,1858. Her age is engraved as 20 years,2 months and 20 days.Unusual but there it is. Working backwards,if my math is correct,her Birthdate should be Nov.10th,1838.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to look it up in my notebook.Her date of death is Feb.1st,1858. Her age is engraved as 20 years,2 months and 20 days.Unusual but there it is. Working backwards if my math is correct,her Birthdate should be Nov.10th,1838.
We are still looking. We found the information you gave me on Roots Web. It states she is buried in the Buriel ground of SB Teel. Her father or husband I suppose.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And is that considered Dumas?
Probably listed under Desha County,this is way out in the sticks now.It would have been sure enough wilderness then.I,ve pondered many times how they got that stone there,at least part of the journey would have been by boat.It,s way down near the mouth of the Arkansas River,on Big Island,on the high ground on the South West side of Moore or Billy Moore Lake.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to look it up in my notebook.Her date of death is Feb.1st,1858. Her age is engraved as 20 years,2 months and 20 days.Unusual but there it is. Working backwards,if my math is correct,her Birthdate should be Nov.10th,1838.
Big Island was very important in Civil War. Is that private property or state land?? Can we dig there next winter?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still looking. We found the information you gave me on Roots Web. It states she is buried in the Buriel ground of SB Teel. Her father or husband I suppose.
I,ve not been able to find SB Teel, I think that may have been her middle initial.No other stones have ever been found to my knowledge,I,ve looked carefully.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve not been able to find SB Teel, I think that may have been her middle initial.No other stones have ever been found to my knowledge,I,ve looked carefully.
We found an S.B. Teel. Male. Looks like he died 1860. It has 1860 but does not say birth or death. And he was 44 years old and lived in Desha County. Her dad I would say. He is on ancestry. Bet he is buried there too with no stone.
Has federal census mortality index ID number with his name. Never seen that before.
HEY! He was born in Tennessee

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Island was very important in Civil War. Is that private property or state land?? Can we dig there next winter?
It,s owned by Timber Cos. and leased by Hunting Clubs,I once belonged to The Dumas Hunting Club,on the Arkansas River side and near the middle of the Island. Rumor has it that Troops marched through there in the Civil War but I don,t know the route they took.There also once was a community called Cumbyville on the Mississippi River side of the Island.Several families once lived there and ran cattle and farmed.It has quite the history.If I put the question to some of my old hunting mates they might let us hunt there.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It,s owned by Timber Cos. and leased by Hunting Clubs,I once belonged to The Dumas Hunting Club,on the Arkansas River side and near the middle of the Island. Rumor has it that Troops marched through there in the Civil War but I don,t know the route they took.There also once was a community called Cumbyville on the Mississippi River side of the Island.Several families once lived there and ran cattle and farmed.It has quite the history.If I put the question to some of my old hunting mates they might let us hunt there.
I got lots of data before, during, and after war on it. I think we could do good there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread