Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found an S.B. Teel. Male. Looks like he died 1860. It has 1860 but does not say birth or death. And he was 44 years old and lived in Desha County. Her dad I would say. He is on ancestry. Bet he is buried there too with no stone.
Has federal census mortality index ID number with his name. Never seen that before.
HEY! He was born in Tennessee
Nice research,I don,t have a subscription or what ever on ancestry.You,re probably right on all counts. How about that.May have come down the Tenn.and Miss.River and wound up there.'

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice research,I don,t have a subscription or what ever on ancestry.You,re probably right on all counts. How about that.May have come down the Tenn.and Miss.River and wound up there.'
There were lots of free slaves there after the war. It was really remote.

May have been a hiding place for run aways before the war as well. That part a guess on my part.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were lots of free slaves there after the war. It was really remote.

May have been a hiding place for run aways before the war as well. That part a guess on my part.
At one time Big Island was the largest island in the continental USA. The first to live on the island were the Quapaw. I had a pot by the Quapaw at one time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread