Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
If you ever feel like you walked into a spider web... and NONE is there, either you walked into a GHOST or GHOST walked into YOU! FUN!

I must be hunting in very haunted places then :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watched a kids Science Show on TV a couple weeks ago Because they had a Detector story on the preview.

Mystery Hunters:
Timeslip; Sliders

I don't know if the whole show was just fairy tales for kids, or if these 2 detectorists
actually believed this.

but they claimed they were in a field in England.
hunting at night ? (Nighthawking ? came to My mind, but would not sure they would be telling the story on TV then)
and one of them dug a roman object, heard horses that weren't there.
and then they walked up on a wall that shouldn't have been there.
After walking along the wall for awhile trying to get out.
it disappeared.

I'm not sure if they actually believed this.
were making it up for the show or ?

but the fact the host mentions it was in a field near the ancient city of Virconium ?
makes me wonder. all i can find on Virconium /viriconium is a fictional city created by M. John Harrison and also the name of the cycle of novels and stories set in and around it. :tongue3:

But Odd if This was supposed to be a Kids Science show.
that they would take them so far from reality.
I never looked for the Show again.

and the last episode of Detectorists the one guy claimed to hear horses
just before finding roman gold :laughing7: this reminded me of it.

just curious if anyone else heard this one elsewhere.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
watched a kids Science Show on TV a couple weeks ago Because they had a Detector story on the preview.

Mystery Hunters:
Timeslip; Sliders

I don't know if the whole show was just fairy tales for kids, or if these 2 detectorists
actually believed this.

but they claimed they were in a field in England.
hunting at night ? (Nighthawking ? came to My mind, but would not sure they would be telling the story on TV then)
and one of them dug a roman object, heard horses that weren't there.
and then they walked up on a wall that shouldn't have been there.
After walking along the wall for awhile trying to get out.
it disappeared.

I'm not sure if they actually believed this.
were making it up for the show or ?

but the fact the host mentions it was in a field near the ancient city of Virconium ?
makes me wonder. all i can find on Virconium /viriconium is a fictional city created by M. John Harrison and also the name of the cycle of novels and stories set in and around it. :tongue3:

But Odd if This was supposed to be a Kids Science show.
that they would take them so far from reality.
I never looked for the Show again.

and the last episode of Detectorists the one guy claimed to hear horses
just before finding roman gold :laughing7: this reminded me of it.

just curious if anyone else heard this one elsewhere.
Read MANY stories like this; MOSTLY from England.. it is called TIME DISPLACEMENT or something like that.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
One story that I remember from the 80's was that in ENGLAND, a young couple was celebrating X-mas, and walked along a BUSY street; with a weird "FOG" covering them at one point. They went into a "bar" where EVERYONE was in 1880's style clothes; drinking, eating, and singing 1880's songs... drinks/food was "OLD-timey". THEY wore modern 1970's clothes, and were gawked at... heh. One heck of a "Time-Displacement"; MAY be another term for such... will try to find it. Returning to the "FOG", and then OUT OF IT... returning to their REAL time of the 1970's. WHEW!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One story that I remember from the 80's was that in ENGLAND, a young couple was celebrating X-mas, and walked along a BUSY street; with a weird "FOG" covering them at one point. They went into a "bar" where EVERYONE was in 1880's style clothes; drinking, eating, and singing 1880's songs... drinks/food was "OLD-timey". THEY wore modern 1970's clothes, and were gawked at... heh. One heck of a "Time-Displacement"; MAY be another term for such... will try to find it. Returning to the "FOG", and then OUT OF IT... returning to their REAL time of the 1970's. WHEW!

on the show I watched , they called it Timeslip.

I wish it would happen to me.
Would be cool :laughing7:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
There is one colonial site when sometimes my metal detector will suddenly stop working, I look to see that the ON/OFF/VOLUME knob has been turned all the way off, very strange considering that there was nothing to have touched it. It always happens in one area of that site.

Well I sure hope you dug there!:thumbsup:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I sure hope you dug there!:thumbsup:

I had a high density of colonial finds in that general area, that whole site has a creepy eerie feeling when it starts to get dark, especially near a small stream where a house once stood. It has been my most productive site ever, nearly 50%-70% of my colonial finds have came from there, it is huge too, I still have not even reached the edge of that site.

On an unrelated experience, I was taking some photos with my camera at an old colonial cemetery this summer. I was there for a couple of hours and then it started to get dark. I thought that the dark made it look cool though so I continued taking photos. I figured I would have fun too and try to maybe capture a ghost on my camera. Anyways, I took a photo of an old grave and looked at the photo. I was shocked by the fact that there was a huge glowing ball of light right in front of it, not some little dust orb but a ball of light. I will try and upload the photo soon.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Meanwhile looking for the photo I found some other cool photos on my computer from the summer, such as the 15+ raccoons begging for food in a stream in Central Park, funny that they weren't scared of all the people grouping around the little foot bridge. I'm guessing that they weren't scared because of the food that people threw for them. It was cute how one of them washed a piece of bread in a lens cap which the raccoon picked up and filled with water. Unfortunately my Nikon D5200, which had a 55mm-300mm lens perfect for wildlife, was dead and I had to use a cellphone to take the photos :( I also found some great photos of the beaver who lives nearby I took with my camera.
IMG_5993.JPG

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I have had a number of such experiences, posted some on other threads.

The most recent was simply while driving to go meet with a partner in the southwest, I was zipping south on I 25 at the speed limit of 75 mph; the sun had just set and to my horror a deer (a doe) leaped right in front of me, and WAY too close! I slammed on the brakes and tried to steer behind it, hoping to miss the thing but bracing for a really hard hit - and as I was looking at the deer it seemed as if I could see through it (it looked 100% solid when it leaped from the roadside) and as it cleared the lane, it vanished entirely! I was now slowing a lot, and about thirty feet farther on, in the passing lane, there laid a dead deer (a doe) that had obviously been dead for hours, the blood was already dry. I had just seen a ghost of a deer, in broad daylight. Never had that happen before, I guess it was showing me how it had died. Sure gave me the jitters for a bit, had to stop and get a coffee break after that one!

Please do continue, great posts amigos!

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

The most recent was simply while driving to go meet with a partner in the southwest, I was zipping south on I 25 at the speed limit of 75 mph; the sun had just set and to my horror a deer (a doe) leaped right in front of me, and WAY too close! I slammed on the brakes and tried to steer behind it, hoping to miss the thing but bracing for a really hard hit - and as I was looking at the deer it seemed as if I could see through it (it looked 100% solid when it leaped from the roadside) and as it cleared the lane, it vanished entirely! I was now slowing a lot, and about thirty feet farther on, in the passing lane, there laid a dead deer (a doe) that had obviously been dead for hours, the blood was already dry. I had just seen a ghost of a deer, in broad daylight. Never had that happen before, I guess it was showing me how it had died. Sure gave me the jitters for a bit, had to stop and get a coffee break after that one!

"Ghost Doe" was ALSO telling YOU, to "SLOW DOWN!"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

Me and other members of my family have seen a ghost cat, (call me crazy but I'm not making this up). I sometimes see a cat in the corner of my eye, when I go to look there is nothing. Cool experience with the ghost deer, never heard of anything like that.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Me and other members of my family have seen a ghost cat, (call me crazy but I'm not making this up). I sometimes see a cat in the corner of my eye, when I go to look there is nothing. Cool experience with the ghost deer, never heard of anything like that.
Totem Animals... "Google" Symbolism/Meaning of CAT, then... DEER. HH! Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread