FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_7489.jpg
My kid in the zone !! So cool to watch my boy start this hobby and get out there on his own and do it !! He's using a cheap toy right now but I have a chopped down EQX that should fit him well. Gonna take him to some good sand and get in the water soon. He has been snorkeling by my side watching how I do it....I think he's ready to give it a go in the water. This kid if he wants to stick with it will have some real treasure numbers one day.....the island provides, and im a born and raised islander and so we pass the torch down to the next generation of native islanders !! Its my honor to raise this young man in a small island community where we all care about the kids and how there brought up !! I wouldn't trade the island way of life for anything !! Im a proud pappy !!

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will really be proud when his "beginners luck" yields something like a Royal Escudo.

lol... then you will be like "sheesh i have been looking for one of those my whole detecting career and you get one without trying"

heh

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will really be proud when his "beginners luck" yields something like a Royal Escudo.

lol... then you will be like "sheesh i have been looking for one of those my whole detecting career and you get one without trying"

heh

Let's hope that the case ARC....woooo hoooo !! Just imagining that is pretty thrilling.....I think we're going to the treasure coast sometime this summer....would be nice to knock that one off the list by the time he turns 9..!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Attachments

• untFFitled.jpg
    untFFitled.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 289

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1931991
My kid in the zone !! So cool to watch my boy start this hobby and get out there on his own and do it !! He's using a cheap toy right now but I have a chopped down EQX that should fit him well. Gonna take him to some good sand and get in the water soon. He has been snorkeling by my side watching how I do it....I think he's ready to give it a go in the water. This kid if he wants to stick with it will have some real treasure numbers one day.....the island provides, and im a born and raised islander and so we pass the torch down to the next generation of native islanders !! Its my honor to raise this young man in a small island community where we all care about the kids and how there brought up !! I wouldn't trade the island way of life for anything !! Im a proud pappy !!

Way too generous. Should be put on scoop detail and getting the sand out when a target is found. Nothing like having a scoop carrier.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are indeed, Blessed as a Great father, and teacher...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting together....!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a great mentor to your children and grandchildren is a treasure as precious as any gold! Congratulations!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on teaching your son "the ropes". Hope he sticks with it, and you have a future hunting partner for life !

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He will be working the Sandbar in islamorada very soon

Good place to start, low tide. Started going there in the early 80's, very few of us out there in those days, but people caught on quick. Beer, barbecue and footballs.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did it right Bart, Congrats!

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chit yeah!! I tried with my kids but they only do it because it makes me happy and Im all right with that lol, glad to hear your kid has a passion for it..:skullflag:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Bart!
You'll be the teacher of skills that your son will never learn in any institution/school.
Nothing beats the side by side sharing-nothing!

I had the opportunity to explore, hunt, fish in the water and the dirt at a young age.
The passion was ingrained in the blood, and has stuck there for over 5+ decades.
Looking back to the early days of the family passion of digging, nothing comes close to that connection

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very cool! Lots of good memories! I am sure he loves it.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart. When your son looks into your eyes and says Dad Thank You for teaching Me will be a special moment that you will always remember
Thank you for sharing this beautiful heart warming moment with us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread