Patented mining claim question

gnomer

Jul 19, 2022
I've recently purchased some land in Colorado that is a collection of mining claims. I don't know much about mining and most of what I do know I've learned while going thru the process of purchasing this land. I've been looking at the old and new surveys and I'm trying to find out if there's a way to track down who currently or formerly held the patents on a few of the adjacent claims so I can contact them and see if there's any interest in selling. Is any of this info available online or can you offer any places to start a search?

Upvote 0

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've recently purchased some land in Colorado that is a collection of mining claims. I don't know much about mining and most of what I do know I've learned while going thru the process of purchasing this land. I've been looking at the old and new surveys and I'm trying to find out if there's a way to track down who currently or formerly held the patents on a few of the adjacent claims so I can contact them and see if there's any interest in selling. Is any of this info available online or can you offer any places to start a search?
Go to the BLM website and check out their "GLO" link or their "Land Records" page.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread