🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is way better than going to a museum! Wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing that with us!

I'd even guess more complete as well...

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd even guess more complete as well...
You are correct, I have the largest collection of Paterson F.D. badges anywhere, in fact last year I gave the Paterson Museum the first style badge that came out in 1862 that predates this style, they didn't have one in their collection.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a F.D. item but a pretty cool item from the Paterson P.D.

VERY HAPPY to see this pop up on Ebay and that the seller made a mistake listing it, after contacting her she made a change and I swooped right in and bought it. Not sure if that holder is original, but if it is the PBA card and holder are 100 years old. I don't have much from the P.P.D., most of it I sell, but I think I'll be holding onto this for a while just because of the great case for the card...

1920 United States Federal Census

Name: Frank Kearney
Birth Year: about 1873
Birthplace: Ireland
Street: 518 Main Street
Immigration Year: 1890
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Martha Kearney
Father's Birthplace: Ireland
Mother's Birthplace: Ireland
Native Tongue: Irish
Industry: City Government
Employment Field: Wage or Salary
Home Owned or Rented: Rented
Naturalization Status: Naturalized
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes

Household Members:
Name.........................Age
Frank Kearney.............47
Martha Kearney...........45
Josephine Bosch.........22
Henry J. Kearney.........21
Frank Kearney.............18
Katie Kearney..............15
Elizabeth Kearney........13
John Kearney.................1

# 1aaa.jpg
#1ruck 1.jpg
#1ruck 11.jpg

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The Eagle H&L #1 non exempt badge arrived, I am getting ever closer to having a complete set of these shield shaped badges...

PFD Badge Eagle H&L #1.JPG
badges1111111.jpg

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Added a really nice Passaic Valley Volunteer Hose Co. badge from West Paterson, it will go great with my other W.P. badges...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• # 1a11.jpg
    # 1a11.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 78
  • aab2.jpg
    aab2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 75
  • aab3.jpg
    aab3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 75
  • aab2ac.jpg
    aab2ac.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 74

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the first P.V.V.Co badge was dug. Man that would be cool to see in the hole. Nice collection has gotten bigger for sure.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like the first P.V.V.Co badge was dug. Man that would be cool to see in the hole. Nice collection has gotten bigger for sure.
It was actual soot from fires that was cleaned off so you could read the badge...

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what an impressive collection! I'm sure your Patterson bottle collection is every bit as impressive (but probably takes up a little more space). Good luck getting the other badges you need.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking collection of fire memorabilia for sure. We have talked on the forum here before. I have a 1921 Gamewell Fire Box pull station that I'm looking to have restored. I'm a retired Firefighter.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally got all 18 of my PFD shield badges in a pic, I haven't seen one come up anywhere I've been searching for 15 months. Still looking for #1 & #2 Hose badges, the search continues...
IMG_E5534.JPG

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATED, UPDATED, UPDATED, UPDATED !!!!

EXTREMELY HAPPY I was able to make a trade for these 4 FD badges, two of which are Paterson badges/medals, it's an early Christmas present to myself. The 3 gold suspension badges are ones that world renowned FD collector Jim Piatti had showed me while I was at his house, but we didn't come to an agreement on them as I was doing research on Bakelaar and Borneman to make sure these were actually Paterson badges. By the time I got back to him they had already sold, AND as it turns out, both the Bakelaar and Borneman were PASSAIC NJ firefighters.

The Engine #3 badge is one I already have, but mine has a different style #3 than the one on the left. Once I have them together I will decide which one to keep and which one to pass along to another collector. I got extremely lucky buying a group of Very Early Clifton FD badges, 4 of which were gold, so the trade was able to be made, both of us are very happy with what we ended up with.

The blue enamel on the Passaic #1 badge will be repaired.

badges.jpg
badges1.jpg
badges11.jpg
badges1111.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a nice counter top display cabinet for Hickok Initialed Belt Buckles, great item to display my Paterson badges in. I'm gonna take out the display area and put in a black felt background, then I will be able to turn them 90° and display them all properly, with room for any others I might acquire. There is room underneath to put other items I have regarding the PFD...

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6570.JPG

IMG_6569.JPG

View attachment 2004745

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Loved the cabinet I got to display my Paterson NJ FD volunteer badges, but they were sideways, and they just barely fit into each slot at an angle. So I got a piece of black 1/4" foam and did a little work on them this morning, couldn't find my exacto knife so I used a sharp kitchen knife. I think the new display came out really well, and I have room for 3 more badges in the future if I find them...

IMG_6668.JPG
IMG_6675.JPG
IMG_6669.JPG
IMG_6670.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG
IMG_6672.JPG
IMG_6673.JPG

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the cabinet I got to display my Paterson NJ FD volunteer badges, but they were sideways, and they just barely fit into each slot at an angle. So I got a piece of black 1/4" foam and did a little work on them this morning, couldn't find my exacto knife so I used a sharp kitchen knife. I think the new display came out really well, and I have room for 3 more badges in the future if I find them...

View attachment 2011912 View attachment 2011918 View attachment 2011919 View attachment 2011920 View attachment 2011921 View attachment 2011922 View attachment 2011923
Looks great! I've been meaning to ask you, do you happen to have any old badges from the Wycoff volunteer fire department?

BBJJBB

Apr 12, 2022
UPDATED, UPDATED, UPDATED, UPDATED !!!!

EXTREMELY HAPPY I was able to make a trade for these 4 FD badges, two of which are Paterson badges/medals, it's an early Christmas present to myself. The 3 gold suspension badges are ones that world renowned FD collector Jim Piatti had showed me while I was at his house, but we didn't come to an agreement on them as I was doing research on Bakelaar and Borneman to make sure these were actually Paterson badges. By the time I got back to him they had already sold, AND as it turns out, both the Bakelaar and Borneman were PASSAIC NJ firefighters.

The Engine #3 badge is one I already have, but mine has a different style #3 than the one on the left. Once I have them together I will decide which one to keep and which one to pass along to another collector. I got extremely lucky buying a group of Very Early Clifton FD badges, 4 of which were gold, so the trade was able to be made, both of us are very happy with what we ended up with.

The blue enamel on the Passaic #1 badge will be repaired.

View attachment 1993820 View attachment 1993821 View attachment 1993822 View attachment 1993823
Could this be fire department related? It reminds me of the badges on an old helmet. It's brass with a thick single connection point on the rear in the center and it only has one inset screw hole. I found it along a stone wall 25 years ago. I've been looking for help on this for some time now.

Attachments

• 20220412_020417~2.jpg
    20220412_020417~2.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220412_020714~2.jpg
    20220412_020714~2.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220412_020255~2.jpg
    20220412_020255~2.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Could this be fire department related? It reminds me of the badges on an old helmet. It's brass with a thick single connection point on the rear in the center and it only has one inset screw hole. I found it along a stone wall 25 years ago. I've been looking for help on this for some time now.

Researching it now, will get back to you as soon as possible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread