VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend from high school owned a farm about a mile from a CW site we have hunted a lot. Doug & I thought the U.S. Infantry troops stationed nearby might have used an old road leading to a river ford south of the camp that ran through my friend’s property. A large spring (See pic) was on his property and we had information that an old log cabin was located on the farm but no trace of it remained. He only knew what field his Dad said it was in. It didn’t take a relic genius to figure out where the cabin was-we parked the truck on top of the site the first try as it was on a nice rise above a smaller water source. Last week, we dug the relics in the first pic. Doug recovered an 1886 IH that led us to preliminarily believe that the site could be circa 1880 based on the mint date and the age of other relics we found. The lure of CW relics compelled us to check the rest of the large farm so we planned to return to the cabin site soon.
Today, we returned to see what other relics we could find to help us further establish how old the cabin was. The old home site proved to be closer to 1900 than 1880s. Doug found a lead bar probably used for plumbing. I dug an old brass doorknob. We both found parts of harmonica reeds & I dug another top of a Watkins crème can. This was a sharecropper's home so we didn't expect many coins and the lack of many flat buttons seems to indicate very late 1800s or early 1900s.
A few years ago, someone on Tnet asked “Do you guys always find something good every time you go hunting?’ The answer is “NO” but we make sure we don't leave many silver or CW relics behind. HH from Doug & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1939 (1024x757).jpg
    DSCN1939 (1024x757).jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN1942.JPG
    DSCN1942.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • DSCN1944.JPG
    DSCN1944.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
Upvote 11

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. Figuring out a site is half the fun for me. Nice job

HH, Relic Nut

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We can't find the Hope Diamond every day, but being able to get outside and 'swing' is a treasure in itself! Nice video with great music as usual.

:)
Breezie

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enjoyed the vid. Some pretty countryside you got there. That old Native spring had my mouth watering, makes me want to take a rotter tiller around it. Allot of old house sites around here are like that allot of times. You can tell they weren't big places, more like little shacks or small cabins. Seems like they just didn't drop allot or have allot to drop, but then again never know what you might find around a place like that. nice digs fellas --HH

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy....your videos are always great and very honest. No planted relics or coins. What you see is what you get!!! Also great to see you and Doug getting out and at least trying to find a new camp or old house site. Oh, and Doug is just not right. :laughing7:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you have that place pegged now. I went to an old cabin or house site this weekend that gave up a few flat buttons, Indian heads, and a boot pistol barrel last year. Didn't get a darned thing. Won't be going back there!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Quindy....your videos are always great and very honest. No planted relics or coins. What you see is what you get!!! Also great to see you and Doug getting out and at least trying to find a new camp or old house site. Oh, and Doug is just not right. :laughing7:
Me thinks the ugly head of jealousy is rising. LOL

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those blue springs. Lot of times a mountain is close and it fills with water and the ground pressure blows them open. Bet that water was ice cold. Beautiful site. No telling what is under all that silt. Thanks for sharing Q&D !
HH

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you two not on tv?? I swear if Doug didn't talk you two could the Penn And Teller of relic hunting. That spring was really cool. I bet you at some point the Indians helped it pool up like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why are you two not on tv?? I swear if Doug didn't talk you two could the Penn And Teller of relic hunting. That spring was really cool. I bet you at some point the Indians helped it pool up like that.

Joey, you may be right about shaping the spring. Here's a shot from the creek. Thanks, Q.

As to TV, We're not ready for Prime Time!-LOL.

Attachments

• DSCN1941 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN1941 (1024x768).jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone who looked and replied. The hunt was certainly nothing to write home about but we had fun and nobody got hurt-LOL. HH, Q.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone who looked and replied. The hunt was certainly nothing to write home about but we had fun and nobody got hurt-LOL. HH, Q.
At least you didn't hurt any relics. The chances of that were pretty slim by the looks of it :laughing7:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: You got some pretty cool huntin' buddies. ;) I've paid my dues many times! The thrill of the hunt keeps us going, eh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions