PayPal playing with peoples money.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id imagine most people have heard by now that PayPal tried to implement a policy allowing them to take 2500.00 from your accounts (straight out of your bank account) should they find you have post on social medias what they decide is Misinformation.

Our world is nuts and people say some wild stuff but what in the hell are these people thinking?

Iā€™ve deleted my account. Apparently it takes 30 days to process?

When things designed as a payment tool tries to steal peoples hard earned money over political leanings I say bankrupt the greedy pricks.

If you have a PayPal account that sits idle Iā€™d suggest breaking ties. Before some ā€œerrorā€ costs you money.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id imagine most people have heard by now that PayPal tried to implement a policy allowing them to take 2500.00 from your accounts (straight out of your bank account) should they find you have post on social medias what they decide is Misinformation.

Our world is nuts and people say some wild stuff but what in the hell are these people thinking?

Iā€™ve deleted my account. Apparently it takes 30 days to process?

When things designed as a payment tool tries to steal peoples hard earned money over political leanings I say bankrupt the greedy pricks.

If you have a PayPal account that sits idle Iā€™d suggest breaking ties. Before some ā€œerrorā€ costs you money.
I haven't heard what that was all about. Thanks for the heads up. Sucks I use them daily for my small business.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well they changed their minds and cancelled that after media backlash. Plus I imagine class action lawsuits were soon to follow.
PayPal Pulls Back, Says It Wonā€™t Fine Customers $2,500 for ā€˜Misinformationā€™ after Backlash

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard what that was all about. Thanks for the heads up. Sucks I use them daily for my small business.

This is exactly why I posted. To hopefully shine some light on this for anyone who may have missed it.

Iā€™d say your fine as long as you do exactly as your ownersā€¦. I mean leaders tell you to.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Perfect, my black heart pumps coldšŸ˜Ž
We used PayPal once years ago then got so many spam related emails.
Account hacked, uncollected funds, they still come in the spam folder.
Rather do business with a company that accepts other means of payments.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used PayPal once years ago then got so many spam related emails.
Account hacked, uncollected funds, they still come in the spam folder.
Rather do business with a company that accepts other means of payments.
Yessir. I used it heavily for a few years. Now it was sitting idle. Iā€™m headed to my bank this morning to update my checking account. If you claim it as possibly compromised they will change over the account number lickity split. Just have to update any auto pays you have and your golden.

Plus a fresh number thatā€™s not been used online a million times is a great way to help foil identity theft attempts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yessir. I used it heavily for a few years. Now it was sitting idle. Iā€™m headed to my bank this morning to update my checking account. If you claim it as possibly compromised they will change over the account number lickity split. Just have to update any auto pays you have and your golden.

Plus a fresh number thatā€™s not been used online a million times is a great way to help foil identity theft attempts.
Once bit-now shy
Like i said if they want PP, I just say P off-more places than money.
We don't online very often-can count on my fingers actually the # of times.
Like to support local-costs more-but at least I get service if it brakes/returns.
Bloody postage costs more than most items today.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once bit-now shy
Like i said if they want PP, I just say P off-more places than money.
We don't online very often-can count on my fingers actually the # of times.
Like to support local-costs more-but at least I get service if it brakes/returns.
Bloody postage costs more than most items today.

I agree completely. Iā€™m a small business owner myself so I am a diehard Buy Local guy. unfortunately lots of what I need canā€™t be had within 30 miles radius so ordering is the reality of things.

Iā€™ve never agreed with the idea of social engineering. I wonā€™t stand for a service started in the idea of convenience using peoples own money against them.

Even if they walk it back once it pisses everyone off.

Can you imagine the kind of person youā€™d need to be to come up with a plan like that, let alone implement it on a millions of people scale.

We have only one real way to fight for whatā€™s right. With our pocket books. Let them burn and hopefully it will give pause to the next multi billionaires who want to push their ideals on the masses.

I just wish more people would pay attention to the things happening in our world and do even something small to hold tyrants accountable.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Paypal has always been over the top when it comes to trying to be "politically correct" For example you can't use Paypal to pay for auctions on gunbroker. Now for those unfamiliar gunbroker is a firearms related auction site set up much like Ebay. They are very careful to insure that transactions are done legally and handled through 3rd party licensed dealers who do the background checks. But the powers that be at Paypal have decided they don't like firearms, even completely legal ones, so they refuse to partake in that money. It;s caused a whole new creative way of doing business. Selling "machine parts" and other catch phrases to get past the Paypal bots.

CoinShooter01

Sep 23, 2022
I use paypal almost weekly.
No issues here.
What I do see often, are shady sellers willing to accept paypal "friend and family", to advoid paying fees.
Not a good idea for the buyer, or paypal.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paypal has always been over the top when it comes to trying to be "politically correct" For example you can't use Paypal to pay for auctions on gunbroker. Now for those unfamiliar gunbroker is a firearms related auction site set up much like Ebay. They are very careful to insure that transactions are done legally and handled through 3rd party licensed dealers who do the background checks. But the powers that be at Paypal have decided they don't like firearms, even completely legal ones, so they refuse to partake in that money. It;s caused a whole new creative way of doing business. Selling "machine parts" and other catch phrases to get past the Paypal bots.
I've sold a couple really expensive gun casesšŸ˜‰šŸ˜Ž

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread