Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone we had a little club hunt today from 9 to 11am this morning at a property to recover a ring lost recently. Unfortunately, we did not locate the ring but I beeped something pretty interesting on the second site as well as a little rotten coinpurse with three wheaties in it (in picture I thought there was only one target but recovered two more after taking it). First site is a little park I hunted to kill time before the club hunt, the arrow charm I think is nickel silver (it scratched .500 and is marked KS) and the little shell is cool. Not exactly sure what the copper tag is but it reads DENVER at top and at bottom 'LET'ER BUCK DENVER' and shows a little cowboy riding a bronco or something. This site dates from late 1880's originally so no idea on age of tag but I think its pretty cool. If you know, post below. Enjoy!

Attachments

• copper badge.JPG
    copper badge.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • site1.JPG
    site1.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
  • site1 finds.JPG
    site1 finds.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • site2.JPG
    site2.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 60
  • coinpurse.JPG
    coinpurse.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 59
  • site2finds.JPG
    site2finds.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 19

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone we had a little club hunt today from 9 to 11am this morning at a property to recover a ring lost recently. Unfortunately, we did not locate the ring but I beeped something pretty interesting on the second site as well as a little rotten coinpurse with three wheaties in it (in picture I thought there was only one target but recovered two more after taking it). First site is a little park I hunted to kill time before the club hunt, the arrow charm I think is nickel silver (it scratched .500 and is marked KS) and the little shell is cool. Not exactly sure what the copper tag is but it reads DENVER at top and at bottom 'LET'ER BUCK DENVER' and shows a little cowboy riding a bronco or something. This site dates from late 1880's originally so no idea on age of tag but I think its pretty cool. If you know, post below. Enjoy!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, nothing like getting a couple of interesting finds.
Liking the badge
Cool change purse recovery as well.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe an exhibitors or contestants badge related to Denver's National Western Stock Show that's been a big deal around town for over a hundred years. Online you'll find several pins and badges related to this event.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find with that coin purse!! I'm sure someone will ID that tag!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe an exhibitors or contestants badge related to Denver's National Western Stock Show that's been a big deal around town for over a hundred years. Online you'll find several pins and badges related to this event.
tamrock thank you for the direction I believe you are correct and judging by the cityscape thinking late thirties-early forties and a ribbon or paper insert would have gone through the center denoting status as vendor, guest, contestant, et al. I'm calling it a Denver National Western Stock Show vendor badge, appreciate the help with the ID!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Congratulations

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock thank you for the direction I believe you are correct and judging by the cityscape thinking late thirties-early forties and a ribbon or paper insert would have gone through the center denoting status as vendor, guest, contestant, et al. I'm calling it a Denver National Western Stock Show vendor badge, appreciate the help with the ID!
Yeah I was thinking the later 1930s + also. Thats just how they made things back then. They wanted things like that nice and detailed and something a person would be pleased to have received.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread