People Planting Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebigd81

Oct 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A fairly big YouTuber was just busted buying a love token off eBay and planting it for his most recent video (which he has now deleted). I know why people do this but it's insane how many do it. The fun is researching and finding those great finds not buying stuff and pretending you found it. It's crazy what depths people go to to get likes and subs on social media from people they'll never meet.

The YouTuber made all of his videos private when he was outed and just recently turned off all comments for his videos. Some people are beyond pathetic and need professional help

Attachments

• img_1_1653921205591_copy_800x450.jpg
    img_1_1653921205591_copy_800x450.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 297
  • img_2_1653921221392_copy_800x450_1.jpg
    img_2_1653921221392_copy_800x450_1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 10

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
If only we were allowed to call out finds posted here over the years.

Dear youngin's, when thinking about planting a "find" don't do it!
The old timers like myself know what targets that have been in various soils for a looooong time look like!
You won't be fooling the people you want to have follow you.
Fact.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
A fairly big YouTuber was just busted buying a love token off eBay and planting it for his most recent video (which he has now deleted). I know why people do this but it's insane how many do it. The fun is researching and finding those great finds not buying stuff and pretending you found it. It's crazy what depths people go to to get likes and subs on social media from people they'll never meet.

The YouTuber made all of his videos private when he was outed and just recently turned off all comments for his videos. Some people are beyond pathetic and need professional help
Know of it happening here in OZ on some of our detecting shows.
I dont bother watching them these days.
Few are real but I don't waste my time watching any of them now.
I know when it's being really dug out now after 30 yrs.

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone surprised by this is naive in my worthless opinion. I’ve always suspected this as many seem to be very lucky, very often. I also suspect several members here to be marketers for different metal detector makers.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone surprised by this is naive in my worthless opinion. I’ve always suspected this as many seem to be very lucky, very often. I also suspect several members here to be marketers for different metal detector makers.
I agree. It's little enthusiasm and a lot of business - want it or not it's reality.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
TN has its share of people planting finds. The problem is calling these people out. Anyone who has been in the detecting world for years can ID a coin or coins that have been planted and then sent to you tube. These people will never be called out and I for one will never call these people out, why ? because it does no good and it turns out to be s---- show. I can only say this......Why would anyone get off faking finds ? Lets see if anyone needs to confess about planting their finds and then posting them.... Here is your chance to make amends to the people on these boards. So lets confess ...........................................................
You can't call them out.
It is against the rules of TreasureNet.

Too bad that it is..I wouldn't mind stepping on the shallow egos behind those who plant finds.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
That's the problem! So many of the forums and groups would rather have these clowns posting their fake finds to create activity. I've been banned from numerous groups/forums for calling out these fools. Pretty sad admins would rather have posts from fakers than have post from people cal

That's the problem! So many of the forums and groups would rather have these clowns posting their fake finds to create activity. I've been banned from numerous groups/forums for calling out these fools. Pretty sad admins would rather have posts from fakers than have post from people calling them out
I don't believe that is true about the admins and mods.
I know about being banned.
Only RJC has been banned more.
I am older now and have mastered passive-aggressive typing in order to avoid being sent to Banned Camp.
This one time at Banned camp...
The Chair WAS against the Wall.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attacks against TNet forum or accusing admins of allowing proven fake finds to remain on the forum can cause timeouts.

Anyone caught faking a find on TreasureNet is banned, but members accusing someone have to produce physical proof to mods, you do not attack members in the open forum accusing them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Didn't read all above, But the Best plan to Follow if You
You see someone fake a Find. Contact a Moderator Here.
and Give him/her/me the Name & Details as you Know Them.
In this Case we will warn all Mods & Administators to watch out for them.
Do Not say "That looks too Nice to be dug", or "I Think"
We don't care about Hunches & suspicions , as they are no better then Jealous Fits . If you see one Posted that Sold on Ebay, Send us pics of Both the Ebay sale & The supposed find so we have proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread