Perry Massie CEO of the Outdoor Channel

ssdsupply

Feb 20, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
Perry Massie

3-25-05

Last week there were several newspaper articles in Alabama about Perry Massie. The articles said that Perry would testify against me in court. Perry never said that to anyone and the District Attorney (DA) of Dallas County should never have said that he did. If the DA was misquoted then he should ask for a retraction. Perry of course was not guilty of anything except scuba diving in Alabama.

Steve Phillips
Save Our Lost History
4515 5th Ave. South
Birmingham, AL. 35222
205-595-3052
http://www.ssdsupply.com/

This is Perry's statement:

To Whom it may concern,
This statement is to clarify my actions in regard to settling the charges against me in the State of Alabama. The resolution of this case had no legal precedent, effect or consequence concerning the statute under which I was originally charged. I continue to believe that the statute is unconstitutional, unfair and should be overturned. I would also like to make it clear that I did not agree to testify against Mr. Steve Phillips. I did agree to allow my attorney to accept service of any subpoena issued by the District Attorney or counsel for the defense in the case still pending against Mr. Phillips. Under no circumstances do I anticipate that my testimony will in any way support the contentions of the State and its charges against Mr. Phillips.

Based on the advice of my Attorney, the case was resolved because the State agreed to amend the charge to a violation. A violation is not a crime in the State of Alabama. The closest comparison is a parking meter violation. The expense associated with repeated trips to Alabama to defend this case combined with the offer to resolve the matter for this non-criminal disposition resulted in my decision. I believe the prosecution of Mr. Phillips and myself is a waste of valuable time and resources in a matter that has caused embarrassment to the State and made the Alabama Historical Commission the laughing stock of the country.

Sincerely,

Perry Massie

CEO, Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc.

Upvote 0

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Good on ya both, SSD. Both you and Perry really oughta sue their pants off. Everytime we let these kinda lunatics get away with an inch they will go for a mile next time. Comanchero

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread