fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few petroglyphs that my son photographed in the Grand Canyon. He has been to some ruins that are known to only a few people. They have been left intact. If I can find them I will post a few pictures.

Canyonart4.jpg

CanyonArt.jpg

Canyonart2.jpg

CanyonArt3.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Petroglyphs! Those are great looking!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool Beans dude. Is the blue background the actual color or did you "shop" the blue to highlight the "glyphs"..........NGE

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny said:
Cool Beans dude. Is the blue background the actual color or did you "shop" the blue to highlight the "glyphs"..........NGE

I didn't do anything to the photos. My son sent me these pictures last year. I wondered how they were made myself. The ones in question were taken in Utah and are Anasazi.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The background is desert patina, which is blue-black in the right light, just like in the pics. The figures were pecked into the patina. The first is curvilinear style, which I haven't decided represents a map or just the equivalent of doodling on rock. Sometimes petroglyphs are directional signs and can be followed. I found some in Utah that led me right straight to the site of a former camp. Nice pics, I enjoyed them.

S

stefen

I have a home in Idyllwild above Palm Springs...and there are 3 pictograph sites within walking distance...very well protected...which they should be...

The desert patina that RGINN mentioned is also referred to as desert or rock varnish...this, then is a means to determine age of the art work...

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Well those are interesting, kinda makes u wonder if their drawing Aliens or just what those are suppose to be.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey maaaaaaaww......... Stanley's drawing pictures of those "strangers" again :laughing7: this was heard from paw hollerin' into the cave opening, about Jr. and his twisted mind :laughing7:........NGE

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Sort of looks like an electrical sub station to me.

NorCal Gal

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
I love how, on the three largest figures, each one has a different symbol on their chest... One looks like it has a fox and the other 2 are more "geometric". You wonder if each being represented was, say, a god of a particular thing. The one on the extreme right has wave-looking lines going down each side. Could stand for "water" or "river" or something.

Great photos! I really enjoyed looking at them! Thanks!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like some ancient graffiti :thumbsup:

I'm with TN_MD, I wish I knew what the pictures depicted. Very interesting though.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down through the ages, people have always painted, scribbled, or drawn things they saw or did in their day and time with no special story or meaning at all. In my area I know where there are ancient drawings on a rock wall, that includes a drawing of a couple having sex. You read that right, they are having sex. Sometimes, in our high tech society and world we try to put a mysterious meaning or story to these drawings when in fact there is none as the ancient ones who drew the pictures, had nothing better to do at the moment and were just doodling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread