Pewter vdi

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, hitting an old homesite from the 1700’s tomorrow. There’s lots of trash there so I’m pretty much going to try and cherry pick the site since it may be the last time I can get there before it grows up for the summer. I haven’t dug anything pewter yet with my nox, and I definitely don’t want to reject the vdi for that particular metal. Does anyone happen to know roughly what a pewter button will ring as on the nox? This isn’t my first post by the way, I had to create a new account because I couldn’t log into my old one on my computer.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the size of the button and how corroded it is. Could be from the mid single digits to the low 20's. If you don't want to miss anything good (including silver and old coppers) you're going to have to dig a whole variety of targets. If it's a place you will be able to return and hunt again, I'd start with the high conductors and work my way down to the low ones, unless you want to only focus on small buttons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread