The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first joined T-Net I had thought that the idea was ludicrous, but not anymore. I now think a very few are even doing it on "Today's Finds" and in other areas too. Some of them are pictures out of books and off of the internet! I've actually recognized a few and found them in books myself. A good way to tell is when somebody is asked for a size reference or other photos and they never post again. Seriously how pathetic is that? ::)

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Maybe I'm late to the game on this
I love the - what is it - forum
Question is, I see an occasional reference that someone has copied the photo of an item, submitted to a site to id the item
Can you plug me in
Mike

Ok, I misread the original post ...

Google or any other credible search engine will allow you to see images. First, you have to know what it is you're looking at (what the other person found). If you know what it is (age and experience are your friend here ... and eyes that haven't caught up if "age" is your resource) you can usually type it into the search box and once the page has loaded, find the link for "Images".

whatzit.jpg

What is it? I know it's an antique tobacco cutter like the one my grandmother had in her country store when my dad was a kid. Your tobacco would come in pressed blocks, and this tool was used to cut off a chunk for sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread