Photos & Map - Treasure Site

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you measure the length of the little tunnel, it goes exactly seven inches in to the stone. The number seven is considered a "lucky number" to the Japanese even to this day
7 inches would have little if any meaning to the Japanese so you are drawing a correlation that likely doesn't exist. The Japanese adopted the Metric system in the 1800's and continued to use their traditional Skaku Kan system of measurement along side it.

When the US occupied Japan after WWII, some english units such as gallons and yards were used, but that was largely token and they continued with metric and their traditional system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
One more question. Is all the property you're searching, covered on the map or is there property on the map with a different owner?
There is property on the map with a different owner. Someone recently purchased some of the land to the southwest. The entire area I have been searching there is 14 hectares that are subdivided between siblings of the same family. A lot of it is not included in that map. The whole area is in this next image outlined in red. The portion sold is blacked out.

signal-2021-12-02-01-39-11-232.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Can I request one more quick search for smaller objects in these zoomed in images? A little more zoomed in on the areas of the targets currently being pursued. Maybe they're too small for you to detect in the other images.

signal-2021-12-02-02-00-09-440.jpg

signal-2021-12-02-02-02-11-858.jpg

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-02-01-54-52-037.jpg
    signal-2021-12-02-01-54-52-037.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
On the maps above, got some good solid hits for Japanese. There probably will be some markers. Can't say yet if any treasure.
The old timers in that area had a lot of interesting stories from the occupation. It was extremely remote and difficult to reach at that time. The Japanese enslaved the local population, forcing all the men to dig empty holes. When they refused they were beaten with shovels. But no Filipino ever saw any treasure and lived to tell the tale. The women and young girls of the area were getting kidnapped and forced to be sex slaves. Finally some of the Filipino men decided to group up and try to fight back but it didn't work out well for them. A lot of innocent people died here. Dragonasia's biggest gold hit is not far from a cave entrance, now collapsed and filled in. All the locals believed that there was a group of some kind of vicious immortal dogs chained up in there which up until fairly recently kept any of them from entering the cave. A story told to them by the Japanese. In the 70s a group of Japanese tourists came here "searching for rare butterflies". They were spotted using a compass to survey the area. And later were spotted with their pant legs covered in mud before vanishing completely.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked again. Still seeing a small spot of AU. The blue box is ferrous metal, maybe a box? I don’t see any usual gemstones or other non ferrous metals. Good luck.
You see the photo on the right move the blue square over to the left. Kinda looks like a rock there in the hole. I saw something really don't think it was much. After thinking about it I just wonder if they salted the hole with some flour gold as a decoy. Animals will move away from their nest a bit as a decoy, so maybe it is somewhere very near there, I don't know.

Oops, sorry the photos did not follow the post. It's the second photo at the top of this thread about 4:30 from the lightbulb that rock in the hole. Maybe you can go back and look at Dragonasia's post #24 where he marked it. Just move his blue square over to the left a bit.

My wife is from Sarawak, but we don't get over there much now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
You see the photo on the right move the blue square over to the left. Kinda looks like a rock there in the hole. I saw something really don't think it was much. After thinking about it I just wonder if they salted the hole with some flour gold as a decoy. Animals will move away from their nest a bit as a decoy, so maybe it is somewhere very near there, I don't know.

Oops, sorry the photos did not follow the post. It's the second photo at the top of this thread about 4:30 from the lightbulb that rock in the hole. Maybe you can go back and look at Dragonasia's post #24 where he marked it. Just move his blue square over to the left a bit.

My wife is from Sarawak, but we don't get over there much now.
Hm, ok. Maybe I'm off center. I'll go there with my pulse-induction detector in 2-3 days and will scan all the sides of the hole. If I'm up to 4 ft off center I should be able to pick up the object. Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
7 inches would have little if any meaning to the Japanese so you are drawing a correlation that likely doesn't exist. The Japanese adopted the Metric system in the 1800's and continued to use their traditional Skaku Kan system of measurement along side it.

When the US occupied Japan after WWII, some english units such as gallons and yards were used, but that was largely token and they continued with metric and their traditional system.
That's an understandable conclusion and you may be right. But from what I've learned, they did sometimes utilize english units for the measurement of their markers. Maybe because it was possible to use the number seven and still have a marker that was of noticeable size or what, I can't say for sure. I have learned from more than one source that both units of measurement were utilized in the burials. But again, who really knows. You could be right.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, i was just mentioning it because often, at least with those of us who live in the US, forget that most foreign countries have no idea how to even use inches, yards, gallons etc, Japanese being one of them.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not familiar with the PI soil. A guy here in town developed a way to extract flour gold from the Indonesian lava. If that is your case, I can sure see why dowsers can't locate anything.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Japanese hits I'd mentioned last time, Dragonia nailed most of them, maybe all. Only looked at his after making post, so didn't mention it. I think it must be markers and/or objects rather than cached treasure.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of hits for Japanese the maps above. I could mark them, but nothing fancy, probably use red arrows for everything. So far, no definite cache hits though, keep checking.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Map with your red line.

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-02-01-39-11-232-A.jpg
    signal-2021-12-02-01-39-11-232-A.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 45

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next map.

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-02-02-00-09-440-B.jpg
    signal-2021-12-02-02-00-09-440-B.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 41

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with red desert on the 1 pic. I see one spot on the edge of your red box.

on the other, I get non ferrous in the blue circle, not gold or silver, another possible platinum.

Attachments

• BB0861F9-61ED-44B1-A0C6-A5212E7797ED.jpeg
    BB0861F9-61ED-44B1-A0C6-A5212E7797ED.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 6ED7FF56-08DD-4DD2-A95C-E67BBCDADB2C.jpeg
    6ED7FF56-08DD-4DD2-A95C-E67BBCDADB2C.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 37

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Main hits are the arrows.

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-02-02-02-11-858-C.jpg
    signal-2021-12-02-02-02-11-858-C.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 45

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think this was the last map.

Attachments

• signal-2021-12-02-01-54-52-037-004.jpg
    signal-2021-12-02-01-54-52-037-004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hm, ok. Maybe I'm off center. I'll go there with my pulse-induction detector in 2-3 days and will scan all the sides of the hole. If I'm up to 4 ft off center I should be able to pick up the object. Thanks for taking a look.
I don't mean that close, maybe within 1km or so. My underdstanding most Japanese caches were very deep so metal detector might not reach that far, I just don't know. For sure check the area.

OP
OP
Z

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Looks like plenty of hits, just not where I happen to be digging. Maybe the soil being disturbed over the object has altered your ability to detect it? Or maybe I'm simply not digging in the right place. We'll see anyway and I'll update you guys with any significant developments. Thanks again. Take it easy.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like plenty of hits, just not where I happen to be digging. Maybe the soil being disturbed over the object has altered your ability to detect it? Or maybe I'm simply not digging in the right place. We'll see anyway and I'll update you guys with any significant developments. Thanks again. Take it easy.
The angle of that photo of the cemented hole is not good. Needs to be more vertical. Yeah, five map dowsers you can expect five different locations. Or they give you the shotgun pattern. Don't put much faith in any of it. A dowser will pick up your intentions. "That's right where I thought it should be." is a common reply after a dowse. Two hits in the same area still doesn't mean much. On-site dowsing is going to be much more accurate. That said, the cemented hole must be there for some reason to keep people out. If you get a metal detector hit you might consider digging along side of the concrete, a lot easier digging. But be careful of any excavations. Typically the walls should be a t a 45 degree angle for most soil to aviod cave-ins or use some shoring. Then there is the possibility of noxious fumes accumulating in the hole. Need good ventilation. I know a guy who was standing in a four-foot -deep ditch and one wall caved in on him. He was permanantly disabled. As for booby traps, I've heard there can be cyanide fumes around some gold. Don't even handle it with your bare hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions