Photos of load deposit types

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys curious if anyone has a link or suggestion of a resource I can find reports on ore types in the Ontario region. I am an Ohio prospector. We get fairly little in the way of gold but the variety of stone in the glacial till is immense.

Of course I?m good at looking for the standard mineralized quarts but I?m hoping to find photos of some load material that might have been pushed my direction.

I have spent hours searching and have come up with a few things but nothing I feel is definitive enough to really rely upon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some info for you. Google: icmj gold in quartz February 2016 and read that article.
By the way....We know what you are talking about but there is a major difference in the terms load and lode. Lode is the correct usage for what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. Chris is surly a wealth of knowledge. I have his book and have enjoyed reading it. You are right I miss used the term lode. I’m often not the best at written communications. Strong suits and all.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another one: https://www.icmj.com/magazine/article/gold-in-the-midwest-part-ii-illinois-indiana-and-ohio-4160/
Also: https://www.goldrushnuggets.com/goldinohio.html

Midwest Gold Prospecting Paperback – January 1, 2006
[FONT=&quot]A fantastic book covering all aspects of recreational gold prospecting in the Midwestern United States. This book discusses the origin of "Midwest" gold, Ice Age gold deposits, stream characteristics, geological maps, indicator minerals, proper sampling technique, pan and sluice box prospecting, suction dredging, metal detecting for gold and native copper, Midwest diamonds, historical accounts of Indiana gold finds, commercial possibilities and much more. 114 pages, beautifully illustrated with over 60 FULL COLOR photos, maps, drawings and diagrams. An essential book for anyone interested in finding gold, diamonds or native copper in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin or anywhere else that has "glacial gold."[/FONT]

by Chuck Lassiter (Author)

attachment.php

Attachments

• book.jpg
    book.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Guys curious if anyone has a link or suggestion of a resource I can find reports on ore types in the Ontario region. I am an Ohio prospector. We get fairly little in the way of gold but the variety of stone in the glacial till is immense.

Of course I?m good at looking for the standard mineralized quarts but I?m hoping to find photos of some load material that might have been pushed my direction.

I have spent hours searching and have come up with a few things but nothing I feel is definitive enough to really rely upon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You probably wouldn't find mineralized ore remnants where your at, to wet only the gold will stand the test of time.
Gt....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Here is another one: https://www.icmj.com/magazine/article/gold-in-the-midwest-part-ii-illinois-indiana-and-ohio-4160/
Also: https://www.goldrushnuggets.com/goldinohio.html

Midwest Gold Prospecting Paperback – January 1, 2006
A fantastic book covering all aspects of recreational gold prospecting in the Midwestern United States. This book discusses the origin of "Midwest" gold, Ice Age gold deposits, stream characteristics, geological maps, indicator minerals, proper sampling technique, pan and sluice box prospecting, suction dredging, metal detecting for gold and native copper, Midwest diamonds, historical accounts of Indiana gold finds, commercial possibilities and much more. 114 pages, beautifully illustrated with over 60 FULL COLOR photos, maps, drawings and diagrams. An essential book for anyone interested in finding gold, diamonds or native copper in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin or anywhere else that has "glacial gold."

by Chuck Lassiter (Author)

attachment.php
When Chuck's book first came out I bought one and not long afterword's The Indiana Gold prospector's had a outing and I went and had Chuck autograph it for me ! I'm glad I did ! The book is a very good piece of if research info for the mid-west !

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks goodguy. Looks like I’ll be adding to my library. How many books? Mmmm.... 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions