perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've done any detecting with COVID and all. I'm now based in Vietnam and had a chance to search one of the beaches yesterday on the island of Phu Quoc. Didn't find anything too great, however, I did find a couple of rings and a 10k gold earring. Hoping the beaches here will eventually treat me better (Beach Pirate on Youtube over in Danang makes it look easy!). lol

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 8.58.13 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-18 at 8.58.13 AM.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 33
OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats your next stop/location for hunting ?
Well, I'd like to visit Danang and detect the beaches there. There's an Ozzie guy named "Beach Pirate" who posts his videos on Youtube and he has those beaches locked up (he finds lots of gold rings). Would still like to give that a go, though.

Another possible option is the "Pirate Islands" (Hà Tiên Islands) located near Phu Quoc Island. There are legends of buried treasure there and an American named Cork Graham was arrested in 1983 while looking for it (back when Vietnam was still a no-go for most western foreigners). He wrote a book about it: The Bamboo Chest They recently opened up the islands for tourism so I think that would be a cool place to explore a bit- not expecting to find anything but would still be fun.

I'll be uploading another video of my detecting in Nha Trang soon when I finish editing it. I had more luck there and even found something "golden." :-)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'd like to visit Danang and detect the beaches there. There's an Ozzie guy named "Beach Pirate" who posts his videos on Youtube and he has those beaches locked up (he finds lots of gold rings). Would still like to give that a go, though.

Another possible option is the "Pirate Islands" (Hà Tiên Islands) located near Phu Quoc Island. There are legends of buried treasure there and an American named Cork Graham was arrested in 1983 while looking for it (back when Vietnam was still a no-go for most western foreigners). He wrote a book about it: The Bamboo Chest They recently opened up the islands for tourism so I think that would be a cool place to explore a bit- not expecting to find anything but would still be fun.

I'll be uploading another video of my detecting in Nha Trang soon when I finish editing it. I had more luck there and even found something "golden." :-)
Sounds cool . Yesterday I Found a bunch of pix. of Nha Trang coast line (from back in the day).Thanks for the thread.And following up on what you said you'd do :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
perdidogringo

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my pleasure! I'm always looking for promising spots to detect (without blowing myself up) in Vietnam. :) Also, love hearing the war stories. Your information gave me a cool focus to my vacation so thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread