Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugly tree ripe fruit always tastes better than plastic-fantastic grocery store fruit.

Yours look just like the pears my grandparents had in their small farm orchard. Canned pears were always my favorite desert!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you..I picked a few today and peeled and sliced.
A little hard but sweet..I don’t spray them but I need to put fences around them because of the deer
Take care and I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love pears, bought a bag of them last night.
I read that a medium size pear has 17 grams of sugar and eating just a partial may be a better option although I read this after I sliced and had three

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that a medium size pear has 17 grams of sugar and eating just a partial may be a better option although I read this after I sliced and had three
17 grams of natural sugar is not the same as 17 grams of processed sugar. I gave up soda, cakes, pies, cookies, cakes, icecream, candy and most other processed sugar about 5 years ago. No artifical sweetners either, if I need to sweeten something I eat a mircle berry before eating what needs to be sweeten.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picks! :laughing7:. We might be in the same zone as you, we had to prop up the branches of our peach tree this year, it was so loaded.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17 grams of natural sugar is not the same as 17 grams of processed sugar. I gave up soda, cakes, pies, cookies, cakes, icecream, candy and most other processed sugar about 5 years ago. No artifical sweetners either, if I need to sweeten something I eat a mircle berry before eating what needs to be sweeten.
thank you again I’m happy to hear that the sugar from fruit is good..I should start having more fruit in my diet.
I’m the same on cutting out all the good treats

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picks! :laughing7:. We might be in the same zone as you, we had to prop up the branches of our peach tree this year, it was so loaded.
This year there is so so many pears .I have to find out when the best time to prune the trees are as the branches are bending so far down also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread