Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great Christmas gift...happy hunting with it.

imagesCA00OYO1.jpg

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll appreciate the technology that went into thr atpro.....very utilitarian detector, and truely all terrain. I love mine.
Paul

roger b

Feb 16, 2013
I have had mine for seven months . Had trouble with coil Garrett sent me a new one . Great detector

OP
OP
M

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just amazed at this detector.
I own a house that is over 100 yrs old and it was a pain to try and find anything with all the metal trash.
Can't wait to get over there tomorrow and try this out... supposed to me in the 50's.
May have to wait until I can get the 5X8 coil cuz there is so much trash.
I will post an update after I get over there.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to enjoy the ATP if you have one of the latest ones made. The early ones were very unstable and some of the dealers still have these in stock.

HH,
Sandman

Tackleberry

Jan 9, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are going to enjoy the ATP if you have one of the latest ones made. The early ones were very unstable and some of the dealers still have these in stock.

HH,
Sandman

Do you happen to know the first few digits of the serial number of the first gen ATP's

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have the latest one unless you ordered from some vendor that sells a couple a year from the trunk of their car. This problem was taken care of long ago. You will get used to Sandman very soon, he likes to stoke the fire a bit. Lol

OP
OP
M

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand new direct from Garrett via my local dealer. Woot!
I also bought the Garrett Pinpointer. Oh my Lord it makes finding those little nails so much easier!
I am also going to glue a magnet on the handle of my digger.

Right now to learn the ATP I am running STD-Zero and about 25 on Iron Disc. As I get more familiar with it I will monkey with the settings.

Can some of you tell me what your favorite settings are? ... Do you modify the ground balance from Auto?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats on the ATP and good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand new direct from Garrett via my local dealer. Woot! I also bought the Garrett Pinpointer. Oh my Lord it makes finding those little nails so much easier! I am also going to glue a magnet on the handle of my digger. Right now to learn the ATP I am running STD-Zero and about 25 on Iron Disc. As I get more familiar with it I will monkey with the settings. Can some of you tell me what your favorite settings are? ... Do you modify the ground balance from Auto?
i run mine on pro zero with iron on 34 and iron audio on in the trashy areas yea it's noisy but you can hear the good targets that way in my opinion. I just started using the 5x8 on a nail infested site and pulled a button at 5 inches with nails in same hole. In open low trash I run pro zero no disc and full sens if I can. Great detector for the money and I would def suggest getting the 5x8 coil I waited and now I'm going to be going back over sites I've hunted before. I took the 5x8 to fairgrounds on fri for a short hunt and pulled out a silver ring at 5 inches that I know I've been over with the stock coil. There is trashy signals all over and I think stock coil was picking up all of them over the ring or I was swinging stock coil too fast not to sure but I did get the ring with the 5x8. Good luck.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also run in pro zero with no iron disc.....just swing a little slower in the trash and listen for the high tones. The ATP is a great machine once you learn its language. The pro mode has a lot of advantages if you take the time to learn it. I use the factory coil for fields and not so trashy areas. I use the 5x8 for trashy areas, parks, cellar holes and small yards. Good luck!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Switch to pro mode and experiment. Run your iron disc up to 30+. Also learn to manually ground balance. I usually back mine off 8 - 10 when I balance. When I said experiment I meant experiment in all modes. I do well with my ATP. I found over $240 in Oct and Nov. and 10 rings.

When you find something that works well put it in custom and save it until you find something that works better.

I personally don't care what others use because most often it don't work well for me but I always try what others use. It's the little tips you read about and even watch on u-tube that make the difference. Every guy detecting uses what works best for him. I am darn good with my ATP and believe me until you get 100 hours on it you will not be impressed. You need to listen to your ATP closely because it does talk a lot and after awhile you pounce on one little chirp and ignore others.

OP
OP
M

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Normsel!
What does backing off the ground balance have?
I have been doing a lot of experimenting in the yard placing different coins and junk about to see what they sound like.
Keep Digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread