Picking Through $1000. in Halves

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the silver was picked out, but there was enough brilliant 1971s - 1999s to make me suspicious this was the remnants of a collection dump.

I got nearly 80 2018s and found another $70. or so in 1998s. Anyone think these are worth setting aside and trying to sell/trade? it starts being an honest consideration of re monetizing them or keep them out and sell individually.

Upvote 0

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had very limited experience in selling clad halves, but I can tell you I've sold around $60 face for a $10 premium before in a local sale. People starting coin collections may have most interest/desire to buy them. Or maybe they just have the least sense. Either way worth a shot at least locally.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything’s possible. I’ve had silver halves sit on Craigslist for weeks, I asked 70% of spot. One bite, sold.

Please don’t solicit me now for silver under spot.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything’s possible. I’ve had silver halves sit on Craigslist for weeks, I asked 70% of spot. One bite, sold.

Please don’t solicit me now for silver under spot.

Luck of the draw. Some just like quantity over quality :laughing7:

I've sold $100 in consecutive uncirculated modern $2 bills on there for a small premium.. several times. And they couldn't be happier to buy.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the silver was picked out, but there was enough brilliant 1971s - 1999s to make me suspicious this was the remnants of a collection dump.

I got nearly 80 2018s and found another $70. or so in 1998s. Anyone think these are worth setting aside and trying to sell/trade? it starts being an honest consideration of re monetizing them or keep them out and sell individually.

You're lucky you missed the solid boxes of 2018s last year, the PNW was flooded with them. All worth 50 cents, throw them back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions