Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have permission to detect an old church picnic ground that is now privately owned. The field is used for peewee football. I haven’t been here in a long time because the owner passed away unexpectedly from COVID-19. I wanted to wait a respectable time before I asked his widow if I could continue to detect the 3 properties her husband had allowed me to detect. She agreed readily. I have found almost 50 silvers from here and 2 class rings I have returned.

I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and found 69 coins with a face value of $7.49 (a lot of them were recent losses on top of the ground hidden by the grass), a marble, a drug pipe, an aluminum bottle opener, a sinker, a squashed penny, a kiddie ring, 2 modern bullets, a screw in cleat, 2 silver coins, a wheatie, a dollar coin, some bottle caps, lots of tabs and miscellaneous trash.

BED19863-CF5D-4251-A1EC-CD653E55CD07.jpeg

I haven’t found any silver coins for a while so the 2 silvers were a bonus and what I was hoping for on this trip. These 2 were only about 8 inches apart. A worn 1917 Mercury dime and a crusty 1945 D war nickel make up this small spill. The crusty 1956 wheatie was a nice deep sign that I thought was another silver dime. This place has produced a few flat buttons, some civil war bullets and a large cent so even though I have covered most of the ground there are still deeper faint signals for goodies and new losses to keep me coming back.

1786A666-5C32-44E2-AE2A-19D7D39B7813.jpeg

Another good hunt. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 9

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Gotta love those Mercs!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have permission to detect an old church picnic ground that is now privately owned. The field is used for peewee football. I haven’t been here in a long time because the owner passed away unexpectedly from COVID-19. I wanted to wait a respectable time before I asked his widow if I could continue to detect the 3 properties her husband had allowed me to detect. She agreed readily. I have found almost 50 silvers from here and 2 class rings I have returned.

I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 and found 69 coins with a face value of $7.49 (a lot of them were recent losses on top of the ground hidden by the grass), a marble, a drug pipe, an aluminum bottle opener, a sinker, a squashed penny, a kiddie ring, 2 modern bullets, a screw in cleat, 2 silver coins, a wheatie, a dollar coin, some bottle caps, lots of tabs and miscellaneous trash.

View attachment 1982888

I haven’t found any silver coins for a while so the 2 silvers were a bonus and what I was hoping for on this trip. These 2 were only about 8 inches apart. A worn 1917 Mercury dime and a crusty 1945 D war nickel make up this small spill. The crusty 1956 wheatie was a nice deep sign that I thought was another silver dime. This place has produced a few flat buttons, some civil war bullets and a large cent so even though I have covered most of the ground there are still deeper faint signals for goodies and new losses to keep me coming back.

View attachment 1982889

Another good hunt. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread