Pics of D2 antenna mod for Calabash

jerseybones

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
748FCE53-8173-46A0-A9FE-A250EDB3E32B.jpeg

Shrink tubing over stock antenna wire using factory opening in lower shaft, Dremeled a hole in side of rc mount and passed through . Zip ties to keep every from moving . Cable folded in one loop inside shaft. Still fully collapsible.

Attachments

• A68FF8ED-5926-4C1C-8AB6-191134F61B41.jpeg
    A68FF8ED-5926-4C1C-8AB6-191134F61B41.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 39

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to high jack this post...but, at what point do you need the antenna? Can you detect in the edge of the surf ....say 1 foot or less of water without it? Got a beach trip coming up and not sure if i want to install this for 1 beach trip or not....Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jerseybones

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
Not to high jack this post...but, at what point do you need the antenna? Can you detect in the edge of the surf ....say 1 foot or less of water without it? Got a beach trip coming up and not sure if i want to install this for 1 beach trip or not....Thanks.
No highjack worries, just put pics up at Calash request. Various others have tested the loss of signal when submerging coil at about 5 or 6 in. What I haven’t seen tested , does leaving the antenna attached full time over dirt hunting have any effect ?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2045883
Shrink tubing over stock antenna wire using factory opening in lower shaft, Dremeled a hole in side of rc mount and passed through . Zip ties to keep every from moving . Cable folded in one loop inside shaft. Still fully collapsible.
Great idea ,what size diameter shrink tubing are you using

OP
OP
J

jerseybones

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
Didnt actually check , I have a bunch and just used the one that just fit over the small end I slipped about a foot down the the coil mount end, and then another piece about a foot again after I fed it up through the mount end , then made one loop in the middle and fed that back into the shaft. And put the shaft back together.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt actually check , I have a bunch and just used the one that just fit over the small end I slipped about a foot down the the coil mount end, and then another piece about a foot again after I fed it up through the mount end , then made one loop in the middle and fed that back into the shaft. And put the shaft back together.
Well done Nice Work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread