Pics of my Collection

Whodowl

Feb 11, 2010
I ran across your thread today and the pics of your very, very nice collection. Your pictures took me back some 55 years into my past as a young boy of 8 years old walking the plowed cornfields after a good rain along Indian Creek in south central Indiana. Several of your points look nearly identical to some found by that barefoot boy walking those muddy fields long ago. You are most certainly very proud of your father, grandpa, and the heritage of this wonderful collection that you have built upon. Thank you so much for sharing.

Incidentally, here is an article that speaks of the mid-era woodlands indians of north Georgia trading for obsidian as early as 500 BC. That is a very old and exquisite artifact you have there, as are many of your other pieces.

http://ngeorgia.com/ang/Woodland_Indians

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like everything except the dimes. I see lots of those fellar. :tongue3:

Seriously though...thats a fantastic collection!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there

Amazing finds.

What ratio of metal to stone? Do you reckon.

Is the green one glass?

Excellant

rory

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigEmAll said:
Many have asked for pictures. It has taken me a while to take some, but since I am home alone today and nobody can gripe about what's on the table....

snip

A priceless collection. Superb.

Terry

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Whodowl said:
I ran across your thread today and the pics of your very, very nice collection. Your pictures took me back some 55 years into my past as a young boy of 8 years old walking the plowed cornfields after a good rain along Indian Creek in south central Indiana. Several of your points look nearly identical to some found by that barefoot boy walking those muddy fields long ago. You are most certainly very proud of your father, grandpa, and the heritage of this wonderful collection that you have built upon. Thank you so much for sharing.

Incidentally, here is an article that speaks of the mid-era woodlands indians of north Georgia trading for obsidian as early as 500 BC. That is a very old and exquisite artifact you have there, as are many of your other pieces.

http://ngeorgia.com/ang/Woodland_Indians

Thanks for the link Whodowl! I didn't realize folks were STILL reading this post.
;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Mr.T said:
Hi there

Amazing finds.

What ratio of metal to stone? Do you reckon.

Is the green one glass?

Excellant

rory

Rory, I have about five metal pieces TOTAL in the collection. The green one is actually a dark grey. It is obsidian which is volcanic glass. It just looked green when held up to the light.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
That is a truly marvelous collection. I am in awe sir. This thread is definitely worthy of its place in the "Best Of" forum.

I know someone mentioned loaning them out to be displayed, but if I were you I would try to open up my own museum!

I don't doubt your story about the North Georgia obsidian Clovis. Northeast Georgia seems to mainly be quartz, also a little flint, but a friend of mine has found some points made of non-native stone over in Ball Ground GA.

Again, outstanding collection. You should do like Ralph Foster at The School of The Ozarks.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
his father the greatest hunter of Native American artifacts.! :hello2:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig--amazing collection--fantastic pictures!!

All the best,

Lanny

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shocked.gif
C
shocked.gif
o
shocked.gif
n
shocked.gif
g
shocked.gif
r
shocked.gif
a
shocked.gif
t
shocked.gif
u
shocked.gif
l
shocked.gif
a
shocked.gif
t
shocked.gif
i
shocked.gif
o
shocked.gif
n
shocked.gif
s
shocked.gif

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys! I am really glad you all are enjoying the pics. That was the only reason I posted them was for you guys to enjoy! Man, I gotta lot to catch up on with my slight absence for the board! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread