Pics of my Collection

Doering

Jul 8, 2013
Some copper points and some bone points.

(Copper plate was some of the earliest traded items along the east coast. The natives would roll it up, heat it and then shove it onto a arrow shaft. Then dip it in cold water to srink it onto the shaft.)

Hi found a copper spearhead that I would like to share but have no idea how to post it.

image-3237269126.jpg

image-3712220256.jpg

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that Turtle looking rock.

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the great remarks fellas!
;D ;D ;D
Mr. DigEmAll,

that is a huge fantastic collection, and that compliment is from a guy (me) who has a fair size collection of native American artifacts (and modern made flint knapped reproductions) as well. Mine are all in the glass topped, black cardboard cases with cotton backing in the case, I forget the name of the case maker right now. (getting old is the pits)

Anyway, great stuff. Your location says you are upper penn. of Michigan, so guess most of that stuff came from Michigan? YOu ever find much native copper (nuggets and veins) up there too?

I found one what I think is a copper nugget in northern Virginian back around 1972 with my old Whites coinmaster BFO detector, I know it is copper and it looks like a nugget, but I didn't know there was native copper in VA, so am still unsure what it is.

I did have some large hunks of native copper from UP Michigan a few yrs ago but gave em away.

reddirt

Dec 22, 2008
Mr. DigEmAll,

that is a huge fantastic collection, and that compliment is from a guy (me) who has a fair size collection of native American artifacts (and modern made flint knapped reproductions) as well. Mine are all in the glass topped, black cardboard cases with cotton backing in the case, I forget the name of the case maker right now. (getting old is the pits)

Anyway, great stuff. Your location says you are upper penn. of Michigan, so guess most of that stuff came from Michigan? YOu ever find much native copper (nuggets and veins) up there too?

I found one what I think is a copper nugget in northern Virginian back around 1972 with my old Whites coinmaster BFO detector, I know it is copper and it looks like a nugget, but I didn't know there was native copper in VA, so am still unsure what it is.

I did have some large hunks of native copper from UP Michigan a few yrs ago but gave em away.

I think you are talking about Riker cases. I f you can, post some pics of your collection in the Native American Artifact forum on here.

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i"m getting a Garrett 2500 i,m happy i can tell you sleep with yours i hope i like it ha ha that,s a life collection wow.

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely amazing! Great finds! I can say I have never found any stone tools unfortunately although I have knapped a fair share of arrowheads myself. Keep up the great work!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Collection & Very enjoyable thread.

I wanna go look for 'Something / Anything ' Now. LOL
Davers

Lynne80

Nov 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only possible NON indian artifact on the table (the head) and the Turtle with a game stone of some type beside it. The gamer is round and dished out on both sides. It's carved from some type of sparkley rock.

haility

May 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half of a whirl, and some head knockers.

. after The Investigaters Ended their job, they declared the Site Cleaned up and Turned it back over to the Land Owners. A local Mining Company. the Site is being Stripped out for Coal Silt, to Fuel Electric Plants.....[filezilla uc browser rufus............... 55 Years after the Crash , My Friend Rich & I obtained Permission to Search the site for 1 year. We received Written Permission Letters, which included Waivers, in case of Injury......... Here Are A few Of Our Finds. About half, of them are Mine, the Coins His, As I don't Have All the Pics of his, or mine.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing collection thanks for sharing :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digemall you spent a lot of time taking pictures and then posting them. I know myself here at TreASURENET sure thank you for taking the time to share with us. CONGRATULATIONS ALSO !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a NICE collection. Thanks for showing 1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digemall : Do you have a few tips on how and where to locate items like this ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread