Pictures of Simplex optional upper and lower shafts

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I survived getting Covid and another Canadian winter. I'm not sure which one came closer to killing me.:laughing7:
I got the optional longer upper shaft right at the tail end of my season up here. These are the main upper shaft that slides into grip/arm cuff area.
rLJgYxh.jpg

And I just popped on the lower carbon fiber shaft.
rpxwwRe.jpg

wXWfVmW.jpg

The original upper and lower shafts below machine.
nxiSWS8.jpg

The unit feels nice and snug now with more than enough length adjustment for a taller person. I will play with shaft length adjustments later, I just tossed it back into the closet. After dropping the shafts close to my usual swinging length, it all feels as fine as frogs fur. I'll get nit picky when I start using it, but right now I see zero issues of length, balance or weight.

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is the sound on the waterproof headphones ? Trying to decide if I want to spend extra money for the Grey Ghosts

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never owned Grey Ghosts. I am fine with the water phones, clarity was fine for me. Sound adjustment level is on the display. I believe that the latest software update gave me two rows of volume level. I am about half way on upper level if I remember correctly. I have some volume to spare. I believe that I adjusted the iron volume up a bit also to make it easier to recognize. Sorry, going off faded memory of using machine last year.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. I see the pictures on my PC and IPad. I dropped them in from Imgur.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does these new pole and shaft make the machine "stiffer"..., in the swing...??

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does these new pole and shaft make the machine "stiffer"..., in the swing...??

Yes. Originally it felt like the coil was flopping around slightly. I bought the main and lower optional shafts, I requested, and received, the free lower shaft anti wobble insert. The factory dealers give the insert at no cost. So I asked for one during a shaft delivery. The prices on the shafts where reasonable. I wouldn't have bothered if they where pricey as I didn't want to be nickle and dimed hard on the machine. I'm cluing in to the machine much better this year and I am using Park 1 a lot. I still have limitted experience in Beach mode as I usually go ALL Metal, in my limited fresh water lake jaunts. I got one gold water ring and one gold dirt ring last year. I'm having fun with it. :icon_thumleft:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got good deal on simplex pkg w/ wireless phones and SP 24 coil
Ordered the carbon fiber lower bc heard stock one is garbage. Extra coil
Was the clincher for me to finally get one of these

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. Originally it felt like the coil was flopping around slightly. I bought the main and lower optional shafts, I requested, and received, the free lower shaft anti wobble insert. The factory dealers give the insert at no cost. So I asked for one during a shaft delivery. The prices on the shafts where reasonable. I wouldn't have bothered if they where pricey as I didn't want to be nickle and dimed hard on the machine. I'm cluing in to the machine much better this year and I am using Park 1 a lot. I still have limitted experience in Beach mode as I usually go ALL Metal, in my limited fresh water lake jaunts. I got one gold water ring and one gold dirt ring last year. I'm having fun with it. :icon_thumleft:

I'll go along with that extra momentum that the "wobble" provides, especially in the taller grasses at the parks. That Park 1 mode is slower, but deeper, yet I've been using Park 2 as all of my targets are < six inches deep..., besides, I have all the notches in Park 2.
I enjoy the challenge of learning my new machine, as I've been hunting almost exclusively with the Simplex.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread