πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Pigskin, Cleats and Mud!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a new NFL season in motion this nice gentleman was out in the autumn air in SE Michigan yesterday tossing the football around with a few friends.
While reaching up in the cool air with sweaty hands to grab a long pass his wedding band slipped off. As dusk was upon them they tried to locate it in the partial soft mud left behind from their cleats to no avail. I made arrangements to meet him today as the area was not total private land. I set up my MXT and started to grid the area where the mud grass areas were he thought he was pacing around for a few plays. I got lots of junk signals and then got a +52 mixed with a junk signal. Turning 90 deg. with the bigfoot coil I got the same signal but on each pass I knew I had something good as the sound bled over to that sweet metal song. Pulling the trigger switch showed 0 depth and further pinpointing revealed this sweet chunky white/yellow gold ring with small diamonds peeking out below the grass pushed flat down from the pressure of the cleats!
So even if his favorite team doesn't get to the superbowl this year, this was HIS championship!
Jon
RFshlbytwpAuCrop10-2-17.jpg RFshlbytwpAuGrass10-2-17.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great recovery and return.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great story of a return! It is so great that you found it! I have not been so lucky at finding lost objects. I find lots of things...but not the object lost. Frustrating for me. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thank you to everyone for your comments! :headbang:
Jon

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ONLY RING I CAN FIND IS AROUND MY COLLAR .SWEET

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
That's a sweet ring and a great return. Nobody's mentioned if they flagged this for HM so I'll do it again just in case.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the find and HM!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TP, Congrat's to you on finding the gentleman's ring. Nob well done. WHITES MXT. Enough said.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all and thank you very much! :occasion14: :headbang:
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread