jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw the wall in long island at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. I wish I would have seen their earlier stuff.

When I think of the The 14 Hour Technicolor Dream
I kind of wish I was from London and part of the Underground:tongue3:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
floyd.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last count I had 14 of their releases. LOVE Pink Floyd (and post Floyd David Gilmore works as well). A very innovative group to say the least. Poor Syd went down the rabbit hole but he sure left some wild tracks.

I had/have enough on my MP3 player that I could treat my coworkers to a full 8-1/2 hours of Pink Floyd on casual Fridays. And did. Like it or not. ;-)

Same for the Beatles.

Sadly, Stevie Ray Vaughan/Double Trouble didn't make it far enough to fill a day . . . but there you have my three most appreciated groups. Jethro Tull competing with Led Zepplin for #4.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Love me some Floyd...

BTW: I wonder where this was filmed, and how much has changed since then.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a few new and otherwise unreleased tracks by the group.

film follows a road race where David Gilmour and Nick Mason are among the perticipants.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day of Recording Engineering school many many moons ago... The recording engineer teachers of the school did a meet and greet of all the "newbies"...

A question was asked to each of us... "if you could record / engineer music for any band.. what band would it be" ?

I was last and the only one to reply... "Pink Floyd".

They all made very big smiles to this... as if this was the one answer they were looking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread