rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see your collection from the past. We always enjoy seeing artifacts.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you post them at? Must not of came up

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah here. Just type the type and then go to the bottom right to advanced button on this screen. I am sure you can figure it out after that. Probably will have to do 1 at a time.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Wyokid - first off welcome to the site. Second, very nice collection. You've found some good ones and won't have any problem finding points in Illinois. You're going to want to head south or west. Find bottom land plowed fields near a river or creek. With these fields look for small elevation changes and hunt those. I'm thinking they're generally dryer so were more habitatable and being higher they erode instead of collecting deposit. Knock on a few doors and you'll be good to go. I'm thinking if you get ~1 hour outside the city in any direction other than NE you'll be in a good place. I move a lot and know it sucks to always have to learn a new region, meet new people, find new spots, but it can be done and you're in a very good spot to do it. Good luck.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I'd recommend south first. Head down the Illinois River draining one day and knock on a dozen doors until someone says yes. Then do the same thing down the Kankakee River drainage. Should be good. Most all crops are in already but in the fall when they're cut you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in.

OP
OP
wyokid307

wyokid307

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2013
I'd recommend south first. Head down the Illinois River draining one day and knock on a dozen doors until someone says yes. Then do the same thing down the Kankakee River drainage. Should be good. Most all crops are in already but in the fall when they're cut you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in.

Thanks Twitch. That was some good info.
I actually found a small camp right over the border in Wisconsin. Doesn't look like they are tilling this year, but there is a small creek nearby.
Thought I'd walk it but don't have high hopes. Lol
Also it's funny you mentioned the Kankakee River. I was just looking into that. It's said their was a big camp where Rock creek flows into the Kankakee. It's state land and illegal but if I follow the rock north until I get out of state land maybe I can find something. Thanks again for the help.

parkercrazy99

Jun 21, 2013
SW Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice artifacts! I love the Wyoming Tiger Jasper blade! I wish I could find some stuff like that one of these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread