• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 180

Steve Jenkins

Sep 3, 2018
Cave Creek, Az
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was driving through the Tonto well north of Cave Creek with my wife and a couple from back east we have known for decades when our friends wife blurted out hey look there is a mine. She pointed to several shallow piles of rock well off the trail, hundreds of yards. It was in a large flat area that is well between the Cave Creek Camp Creek mining complex and the Bradshaw’s, both areas known for mining. I had been through this area many times and had never seen any evidence or heard of any attempts at mining in anywhere within miles of there.

My response was, no there has never been any evidence of mining here. The conditions are not suitable for the likelynhood of such a thing. The disput went on long enough that I had to turn around and travel back to the spot because she was insistent that there was of all things a gold mine.

Upon further inspection what she had seen was an extensive area that had multiple shallow pit mines which involved considerable veins of mineralized quartz that must have been visable on the surface when they started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread