Plans for the NEXT Air Force ONE

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
146211952_10222953083887962_4533437025020064266_o.jpg

Cant fly at height's where the Blades will freeze up.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm... you do realize that they use wind turbines in Antarctica, no?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Look up Gerald Gentleman power station. Sutherland Ne. They have an extra coal burning turbine they had to fire up because the wind hasn’t been able to keep up. It called the steam plant. My $300 dollar power bill has a $35 surcharge to subsidize our 3-7% energy production from wind. My bill would be $800/1000 a month if all wind power, if the wind would just blow.

jwr357

Dec 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is JR. Good talking to you. You are an interesting guy.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Wind mills have been pumping water in Texas and the Great Plains for the past 150 years or so. Along with bob wire and the steel plow, it's a technology that helped settle the West.

TSHA | Windmills (tshaonline.org)

Texas could have winterized those wind turbines - but they just didn't want to spend the money. The ones that kept working kept the power flowing (unlike the natural gas power generators that failed).

There's an excellent article in the most recent issue of Texas Monthly that explains in detail what went wrong. This time, will the state actually address the problem? Probably not.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wind mills have been pumping water in Texas and the Great Plains for the past 150 years or so.

A windmill pumps water into a stock tank for storage and use at a later date. An aero motor or a dempster will pump for 100 years if you keep oil in the head.
Marking electricity with a windmill is kind of the same but completely different. No storage and a 20 year life span.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think if the powers that be get rid of gas and oil, the population will be happy with the new nuclear power plants needed to supply everything, including the electric cars? I don't think so.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
That's funny. Norway is scheduled to have all new vehicles to be electric by 2025. That's right around the corner. Why is the world moving away from oil? Who wants to continue using oil? The answer to the second question is easy.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And last night the wind took out the power here for awhile...

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's funny. Norway is scheduled to have all new vehicles to be electric by 2025. That's right around the corner. Why is the world moving away from oil? Who wants to continue using oil? The answer to the second question is easy.
I want to continue using oil, coal too. We could continue at current production for 200 years and will still have 1400 years of coal on hand.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Susquehanna River runs thorough my county. There are so many dams on the river, no more will fit.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve seen pictures of Niagara falls. Doesn’t seem to be any turbines there. Huge populations on both sides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread