signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course nothing is goig as planned. The covid virus is raging around these parts and the media is terrorizing almost everyone even if they don't admit it. So might not get together with the EE until who knows? And the experimental antenna has not panned out just yet. Looks like I will have some time this Winter. Yeah, bummer. But I'm not giving up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize I have not posted the short (and totally unprofessional) video of the Contraption on a half-ounce silver test target. I had difficukties with the audio being loud enough so you will have to turn up your volume a bit to hear the clicking sound.

Just lately I attached a strap (for some other experiments I have been working on) to hang it around my neck and I noticed it is much easier to pivot the receiver while searching. Sorry it is not in this video but it is a big improvement. Some day I will attempt to do a better video.

You have to look quickly right at the start of the video to see the silver where the two ropes interesct. I put the ropes there so you can more easily see where the line to the silver is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The power level setting was low. You probably noticed when the receiver antenna was in line with the target it gives a sharp null. The accuracy is just like aiming a pistol.

Also been working on weight cancelling. I have a system that uses L-rods for the weight checking. I know, not what I want for people who can't use the rods, but it has been working. I've used rodless weight checker by just changing the frequency a bit so the line moves off the target. The more you have to move it, the bigger the target. Haven't messed with that since I put the neck strap on but it should be even easier to use now. I really do like the neck strap--it's like the receiver becomes a plumb bob and quite a but easier to aim at the target. There still might be some chance to get out with the system this coming week. I've got some skin cancer treament I need to do so I will see how miserable I feel before I decide. Damn, always something. But I am excited with how things are going. Haven't been this way for quite some time. Also fine-tuned some older frequencies.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between the updated frequencies and the neck strap I like what I got here. 224.91Hz for gold. I don't guarantee it's perfect but I'm getting closer. I got ny enthusiasm back.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should mention a couple of things. First off there was an X-ray flare this morning which might cause you some issues. Also the frequency I use may not work the same with your equipment.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working with some higher frreuencies. I have found that a pile of metal junk can somewhat block/slow the signal. So my thinking a shorter wavelength will be able to "squeeze through the holes" better. Now I realize people are going to say even a 10Khz signal has a miles-long wavelength, but according to some people there is an audio component and now the wavelength is down to about an inch and a half. So if you are working at 100Hz the audio would be about 10 feet so a pile of metal is going to act a bit like a Faraday cage where the holes must be smaller than the wavelength. Well, we'll see how it pans out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things have slowed down for me mainly due to health issues but other projects, too. Well, I always was slow. LOL And the Summer heat has been rough on me.

Got something else to try out when I get motivated, hopefully this coming week. More stuff to add on to the Contraption. So it better be worth it's weight and hassle or it will be cut off.

Definitely like the higher frequencies.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things have slowed down for me mainly due to health issues but other projects, too. Well, I always was slow. LOL And the Summer heat has been rough on me.

Got something else to try out when I get motivated, hopefully this coming week. More stuff to add on to the Contraption. So it better be worth it's weight and hassle or it will be cut off.

Definitely like the higher frequencies.
Been so long since my last post on this thread I lost my place. Sure seems like the forces are working against me. Every time I turn around something unfortunate occurs. I have a permission for a site and I went out there been several months ago now, walked quite a ways on my bad knee and just felt too rotten to even set up up the locator. Got back home and was down for nearly four weeks with Covid lungs. Never got back out there and still wanted to go last week when we had some warm weather. Too much mud and other issues. Another search in October but wife got sick. November tried to get back but the weather had turned—below zero windchill just not worth even trying.

My health is quite a bit better now, just cancer surgeries every month or so. Knee doesn’t hurt. I haven’t been looking for any help or investor, just need to make a good find. Right now I have no desire to make any more modifications on the Contraption. So hoping for some warm weather. 67 days til daylight saving time.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been so long since my last post on this thread I lost my place. Sure seems like the forces are working against me. Every time I turn around something unfortunate occurs. I have a permission for a site and I went out there been several months ago now, walked quite a ways on my bad knee and just felt too rotten to even set up up the locator. Got back home and was down for nearly four weeks with Covid lungs. Never got back out there and still wanted to go last week when we had some warm weather. Too much mud and other issues. Another search in October but wife got sick. November tried to get back but the weather had turned—below zero windchill just not worth even trying.

My health is quite a bit better now, just cancer surgeries every month or so. Knee doesn’t hurt. I haven’t been looking for any help or investor, just need to make a good find. Right now I have no desire to make any more modifications on the Contraption. So hoping for some warm weather. 67 days til daylight saving time.

It might all sound like gloom and doom but no so at all. No hunting partner really not good, but whatever it takes.

I used square wave for a long time but sine wave does not have the spurious signals.

Also there is a website for geomagnetic data with your smartphone. It will calculate for your location. Tim Williams used to sell a phone app for calculating the earth field NMR frequencies—all you do is enter the geomag reading.

As usual I don’t have the link but you can search NOAA geomag mobile.

Tim’s email: LRLMAN.com

In my research I found a 440 Hz tuning fork will not resonate a 442 Hz fork. The EFNMR frequencies can be checked and set on the site so you get as accurate number as possible. And lower numbers need to be more accurate, while higher freq’s have more leeway. So definitely calculate each time.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might all sound like gloom and doom but no so at all. No hunting partner really not good, but whatever it takes.

I used square wave for a long time but sine wave does not have the spurious signals.

Also there is a website for geomagnetic data with your smartphone. It will calculate for your location. Tim Williams used to sell a phone app for calculating the earth field NMR frequencies—all you do is enter the geomag reading.

As usual I don’t have the link but you can search NOAA geomag mobile.

Tim’s email: LRLMAN.com

In my research I found a 440 Hz tuning fork will not resonate a 442 Hz fork. The EFNMR frequencies can be checked and set on the site so you get as accurate number as possible. And lower numbers need to be more accurate, while higher freq’s have more leeway. So definitely calculate each time.
Also if you know your altitude best to double check what they show—I noticed they were off a time or two.

Hope this link works. Have to give them your location, whatever settings for your phone. Lower right hit “Calculator” then next page hit the button lower right looks like a gun sight, then hit “Calculate!” and next page hit “Table” then read “F(nT). That’s your magnetic field strength you can use to calculate resonant frequency for gold or whatever.

Also note gauge on left side of compass shows magnetic storm index. Magnetic anomaly gauge on right side is not up and running yet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread