gadget1961

Greenie
Feb 1, 2005
ga.
Detector(s) used
minelab 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok , what if a plantation no longer exists and nothing remains and is all grown up and , lets say their is a mark on the tree, a big old tree and it says their is a gold stash buried ,what would it be buried inside of, or would it be inside a metal contaner and its 28 inches down and over 100 yrs been their would it give a signal , with it buried that far down , how big a coil would you have to have, i need to know, i think i have sometime buried in the woods, gold waiting for cooler weather, and a good shovel (picture is it) ???

Attachments

• DSC04137.jpg
    DSC04137.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 615
OP
OP
K

krdigger

Jan 30, 2005
Gadget:

You have a very neat situation. Anything metal will give a signal. I am not the worlds foremost authority on cache hunting, However, I would suggest hunting in the all metal mode. This will allow for increased depth, plus you don't know what the gold is buried in. In so far as what coil, I would suggest a two box. There are many models to choose from. I am partial to the Garrett GTI 2500 with a two box attachment. This is simply because this is the one I am most familiar with. I would definitely go with a twelve inch or larger if using a single coil. Best of luck in your search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread