PLEASE ALL BE CAREFUL !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand because we did not have a major freeze here in Ohio the TICK situation will be bad this season. Yesterday while looking for one of my drones me and my wife were looking for in the woods . We was probably in the woods for a hour. When we came home My wife found 5 ticks on my sweat shirt . My wife had 3 ticks on her coat. PLEASE ALL BE CAREFUL!!!

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Gary.
One of my friends was detecting cellar holes down in Coshocton yesterday and found 4 ticks on him when he got back to the car.

I have pants, hats, socks, hoodies, that I wear detecting and I'm going to treat them with permethrin because of the ticks.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Gary.
One of my friends was detecting cellar holes down in Coshocton yesterday and found 4 ticks on him when he got back to the car.

I have pants, hats, socks, hoodies, that I wear detecting and I'm going to treat them with permethrin because of the ticks.
Thanks for your reply Dave :) Does the permethinwork good ?
and where can we get it

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had Lyme disease last year, it’s the worst I’ve felt in years. Caught it early and haven’t had any side effects so far. Now every time I feel something on my skin I think it’s a tick, guess now I’m paranoid.
this was two weeks after i started the antibiotics

Attachments

• CC9A8B20-A78A-4563-8248-ADD1578629A3.jpeg
    CC9A8B20-A78A-4563-8248-ADD1578629A3.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you spray it on your skin? Darn ticks like my back cause I’m always looking down.
no it is used to treat your cloths, it then will last on them for 6 or 7 wash's . One bottle will do two complete sets , socks , pant's, shirt , and hats. I went to a tick infested area with my son. I used Sawyers and he used off repellent . he found 4 ticks all still alive but not attached. I found one that was dead clinging to the end of a hair . look the Sawyers up .

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy it at the farm store. Used to kill flies in the barns. They use it a the pads for the termacell mosquito repellent devices you buy. Just put a drop on a used pad and it's good to go again.
it's cheaper and safer to buy the correct product for clothing application than the Agricultural products found in farm stores , why risk your health using the wrong product.

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
I took a screen shot of it and plan on getting some. Ticks are bad here in NW Georgia.
I got bit one time it took 10 years for me to be able to eat pork again. Developed some kind of allergy

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ticndig Do you have the exact name for it and where can we get it. How do you use it please ?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's cheaper and safer to buy the correct product for clothing application than the Agricultural products found in farm stores , why risk your health using the wrong product.
Ticndig what you posted SURE MEANS A LOT THANK YOU > How do you use the spray and where did you get yours ? Thanks in advance

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ticndig what you posted SURE MEANS A LOT THANK YOU > How do you use the spray and where did you get yours ? Thanks in advance
My local Walmart had it on the shelf , you spray two complete sets of clothes and allow them to dry . these cloths will provide protection for weeks even after being washed . used by the U.S Army

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread