please help identify these

Aimblv

Apr 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im from east tx i have had these rocks for a while now not sure exactly where they came from except im pretty sure they are from texas lol

image-940366621.jpg

First let me get this one out of the way it's like red clay but harder and it has little gold bits in it I don't think it's gold but it's just weird

image-2239619450.jpg

Not sure if you can see the little glittery bits of stuff but it's all over it . In fact there are little bits of gold glittery stuff some in just one tiny spot on a bunch of these rock I have and it's not glitter lol it's in the rock

image-1619075414.jpg

This one is still a bit dirty but those lines go all the way around it

I've got a whole lot more of different texture and some is think may be petrified
You cAn also look at my other post on my profile at those rocks too
I'm going to post a few at a time if you guys have any tips on how I can get a better pic or maybe something I should do different I'm a newbie and I'm open to any suggestions I appreciate it thank you all so much

Attachments

• image-2486899813.jpg
    image-2486899813.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 78

dirtydig

Oct 7, 2013
virginia
Detector(s) used
A T Pro, ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first one is hard to tell, could you repost a pic in natural light with a darker background? second one , i have no idea. and welcome, if i didnt greet you when you joined. also look around on the forum there are places you can post where people know more than me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aimblv

Aimblv

Apr 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1312046312.jpg

U still can't really see the sparkly stuff it just looks white in the pic

Attachments

• image-1548246686.jpg
    image-1548246686.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
As you've stated yourself.. this is a dense forum of clay (sort of glued together very similar to the making of clay pots) however, the shinny stuff your taking about (unless actually tested) could be gold.. but I feel its fools gold/mica/pyrite.. but then again.. if one was to enhance the images (zoom in on the subject) you may see small crystal nodules that could if viewed from the necked eye appear as gold/sliver/mica etc..

As for the second stone.. although it appears to be similar to that of a "lava stone" I can't place or name this sample.

and lastly.. Welcome to the forum beautiful.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Both rocks look sedimentary, without being able to make out details they resemble sandstone.
The cause for the "glittery" look is probably Mica.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions