Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to sell or guide any one to my store. I am just asking for reviews and recommendations before I get to far in to building it. First thing is can it be found? The name is Norm's Basement. When I named it I did not pay attention to the area where ebay removes all the commas, periods etc. Upon finding it what did you have to type in I may have to change it a little. Then over all thoughts and I am not one to get upset if someone does not see it my way. Anyway thanks in advance.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
It does not come up on any of the European based ebay sites; thought that was odd because I buy lots on ebay from the US.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't find it either Beans.

Alpha Btry. '75-'76

Attachments

• pssaccomo.png
    pssaccomo.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 125

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope, even on an advanced search.

but, most people will not be looking for your store. they will be looking for an item and that search may lead them to your store. I think keywords and description will bring them in.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it, I did an advanced seach, by store name. The only problem I see is with some of the blurry photos. I never search people items through their store though, even when I have something that I'm watching, when I go to view their other items and it gives you the option of "view sellers store" or "view sellers items", I always choose other items versus store. Don't know why, I just do.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, finding the problem. I typed in norm s basement ebay and it pops up on google. Based on comments I just may leave it that way you all made valid points as to who actually looks for an ebay store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it, I did an advanced seach, by store name. The only problem I see is with some of the blurry photos. I never search people items through their store though, even when I have something that I'm watching, when I go to view their other items and it gives you the option of "view sellers store" or "view sellers items", I always choose other items versus store. Don't know why, I just do.

Thanks. view sellers store vs view sellers items give me something to think about at the end of the month.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me to thinking about the way I view peoples listings. I just took another look and there are several differences I see between "view sellers store" and "view seller's other items". Those differences are, on the "view store" layout it gives you;
1- the store description
2- the "follow" button
3- an option to sign up for the newsletter when you list new items
4- the "featured items" banner, however it determines your featured items I don't know.
5- the order things are listed, the store view shows "items ending soonest" as the default, versus "best match" as the default for "view seller's other items".
6- lastly, there is no mention of a store when you click "view seller's other items"

I think that's everything, except you can only find your store if you use the apostrophe, or leave a space between the m and the s. Funny thing is, on your store page it reads as Norms Basement, with no space or apostrophe. You cannot find it with that spelling.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Digg. I can at least fix the store page. Tried to get ebay to help fix so it reads norms basement in the URL but Raj I guess was just not up to it. Raj says (now say this in you best indian voice) "The url and store match it my just take some time to populate to fix" "Is there any thing else I can help you with". Anyway thanks Raj whoops I mean Digg for the feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread