Point Tip Rock Found on Wagner Mountain Wyoming

RiverBank327

Jul 30, 2022
My 4 year old found this rock on top of mountain in Wyoming. We've found arrowheads before but this rock appears to have a very pointed tip and the base is rounded. Could this be man made? Any thoughts or ideas on what it could be? Or what type of rock? Thanks so much for any info you might have! First time posting : ))

Attachments

• IMG_0542 (1).jpg
    IMG_0542 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 5

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to be limestone, I believe all the strands are remnants of an algae or cyano bacteria. It is a curious shape but I don’t see any flaking and being limestone (possibly) I’d say odds are natural

OP
OP
R

RiverBank327

Jul 30, 2022
It appears to be limestone, I believe all the strands are remnants of an algae or cyano bacteria. It is a curious shape but I don’t see any flaking and being limestone (possibly) I’d say odds are natural
Thank you! Picture doesn't show it but it appears to have to flaking strokes at the tip of the point? I attached better pictures to see if you agree that might be what it is? One on each thin side of the rock that bring it to a very small point. The rock is pretty heavy/not a light material
The material is not something you would think a NA would use. The shape seems a little extreme for nature, looks man made. Interesting.
It appears to to have to flaking strokes at the tip of the point that the pictures do not show. One on each thin side of the rock that bring it to a very small point. I attached a better picture of the point. The rock is pretty heavy/not a light material. We were wondering if it is something we can add to our small collection of North Carolina arrowheads but just were not sure what it was!

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 23

CloudKicker0

Jul 16, 2022
My 4 year old found this rock on top of mountain in Wyoming. We've found arrowheads before but this rock appears to have a very pointed tip and the base is rounded. Could this be man made? Any thoughts or ideas on what it could be? Or what type of rock? Thanks so much for any info you might have! First time posting : ))
Great find! What a treasure! Unclassified and ancient!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread