🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pointed beach-whatsit, need help

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
On my last beachwalk I found this corroded iron, pointy-thing that the waves dug up from the sand and gravel.
IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

It's about 6cm (2 inches) long, heavy solid iron, the point is less corroded so I think it's steel. Originally around the shaft there used to be a steel or iron sheet metal cylinder, open on one side, right up to where the shaft makes a curvy bulge at it's end. This cylinder was almost completely rusted away so I removed it. I think the whole thing went into something else, like a tip or finial...?
Any suggestions?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my last beachwalk I found this corroded iron, pointy-thing that the waves dug up from the sand and gravel.
View attachment 1998328

View attachment 1998329

It's about 6cm (2 inches) long, heavy solid iron, the point is less corroded so I think it's steel. Originally around the shaft there used to be a steel or iron sheet metal cylinder, open on one side, right up to where the shaft makes a curvy bulge at it's end. This cylinder was almost completely rusted away so I removed it. I think the whole thing went into something else, like a tip or finial...?
Any suggestions?
It’s the bottom of a wooden top, with the wood rotted away. Shaft would’ve gone up into the wood :)

Upvote 3

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it looks like a tripods leg point.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions