• group 5 087.jpg
    group 5 087.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 395
  • group 5 088.jpg
    group 5 088.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 396

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Hasn't Polaroid film been discontinued. If so, I doubt there would be much value in the outfit at all.

OP
OP
tokens70

tokens70

Apr 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, Explorer 2
Lumbercamp, thanks, I figured as much! chris

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
i dont know the worth of this but there are collecters out there

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Tokens, The camera in the first couple of pics would use either 120 or 220 size/type film. You can still find the film on e-bay and in good camera shops that still do business with film professionals (not Ritz or Wolf). I'm pretty sure it's 120 - I have a few Kodak Star-Mite models in my collection and that's what I've always used. With the exception of the flash working properly (yes, you can still find the bulbs for them), everything is mechanical on that camera (no batteries needed to actually snap a picture) so you can still use it once you find the film. As for the Polaroid, you can still find the film for these as well. It's a bit pricier than "standard" type film and you will probably run into the problem of the colors being off. Sometimes just a little, other times - WAY off (although at times, it can be a cool effect). Usually, the older the film, the more pronounced the problem.

As far as value goes, if it has all the pieces to it's "kit", the "Golden Shield" should sell anywhere between $10 and $25. I've never heard of that particular brand, but I'm sure there's someone out there that collects them. The Polaroid is about the same. Unless it was a very old model or one of the rarer colors, the value is about the same.

Regardless, they're both neat pieces to put on display, especially if your big into photography and such.

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree w/ DD-777 as it would look nice in a collection. I am a photographer and have a small collection But stick with Ansco Camera's as they were manufactered just down the road from Me . I also have a few Old Kodak cameras and a couple Polaroids. I have the 1958 Polaroid Electric Eye Instamatic camera w/ flash It was one of the first Instant cameras they made... I would put a price on this at least $25.00 even in a Yard Sale , Photographers are scooping these up for Studio Decor and even I use them in Photographs as Props H.H.

WhackyAki

May 24, 2014
Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a company now that reproduces the Polaroid films, The Impossible Project. It's pretty expensive but sometimes it's worth picking up when it goes on sale.. I don't know what size of film that camera takes. As for the value, honestly these don't bring in too much, but there are Polaroid enthusiasts out there for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread